Intermittant numb area on upper thigh
Every once in a while, when I am standing (not necessarily for long periods of time), and not noticing anything different, I'll put my hands in my pants pockets and readjust my keys in my right pocket and notice that my leg is numb.  No other symptoms, pain or anything.  I'll just notice that my upper thigh in the front-sorta-side area, is numb maybe about halfway down to my knee, but not all the way up to my hip.  

I try to then stand on my left leg instead of having my weight on both legs, but that doesn't help the numbness.  When I sit down, the numbness goes away within a minute or so.  There is NO tingling (pins & needles) when the feeling is coming back into my leg.  It just resolves itself.  

I have no health conditions that would affect my one leg, surface area on my thigh, and am puzzled.  What are your thoughts, and should I be evaluated, and for what?  Could it just be the way I'm standing is pinching a nerve or something??  Thanks~
Sparkly
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms; though since this resolves over a few minutes, it is likely to be posture related nerve compression and should not be anything to worry about. However if the numbness continues over a few minutes, one may consider an evaluation by an internist or a neurologist to evaluated for secondary issues such as neuropathies, nerve impingement, vascular issues etc. After a specific cause is identified, it can be managed accordingly.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!