Neurology Community
Intermittant vibration in left foot

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Intermittant vibration in left foot

I am experiencing a small vibration on my left foot.  It happens about every 15-20 seconds.  You can see it and a person cannot feel it.  only I get the "flutter" in my foot.  I have been plagued with a VERY bad case of plantar faciitis in this foot.  I don't know what to do.  
-6 Comments Post a Comment
I just searched on "intermittant vibration in foot" and came up with your post.  This just started happening on me in the last couple of days (in my left foot, as well) and is completely unnerving!  I am a mom of 3, very active, working our 3-4 times a week, and this is scaring me.  Have you got any answers?
Avatar n tn
I have the same problem.  I do get exczema (eczema) on the foot now and then.  It just happened for the first time today.  It is the weirdest thing.  I feel like my cell phone is on vibrate underneath my left foot.  It happens intermittently but hours apart.What the heck is this?
I have the same thing and did some research on it.  It appears to be called peripheral neuropathy.  Here is the link to a good site that runs down the possible causes for it, as well as diagnosis and treatment options.

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/peripheralneuropathy/detail_peripheralneuropathy.htm

I think this is pretty right on, because I do have a connective tissue disorder and that was on the list of potential causes.  

It's always nice to know what's going on with your body and it seems our doctors don't have the time to tell us what "may" happen to us.

We're not crazy though, this is a real thing that's apparently affecting a lot of people.  
Good luck and good health to you!