Neurology Community
Intermittent Eye Twitch

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Intermittent Eye Twitch

I have had and annoying intermittent eye twitch that started in December 2007 in the upper left eyelid. It was on/off for one week then subsided. This was during the holidays. I did have a lot on my plate at the time. Let this be known: I have had a whole lot more on my plate in the past and never developed an eye twitch. I still have the twitch intermittently mostly in the right upper eye. It seems that I get this like every other month sometimes consecutive months. Sometimes I was thinking it was hormonally related because I get it in the middle of the month and it seemed to coincide with my irritability due to PMS. Maybe I am imagining it. I am a very busy mom with a two year old and 11 year old who push each others buttons constantly which stresses me out. It also seems like certain loud noises, stress,  or water in the face will occasionally trigger a twitch. Medical conditions I have are: cervical and lumbar stenosis, throat click caused by (elongated superior cornu) on the right side, and hiatal hernia. I get approximately 7-8 hours of sleep. This is sometimes interrupted by back pain.  I am wondering if this could be caused by a condition other than stress, lack of sleep, etc and if I may need to see a neurologist. I am concerned and tired of this. Any help greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Jill Dai