Neurology Community
Intermittent hot spot on sole of foot

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Intermittent hot spot on sole of foot

I am a 49 year old female ER R.N. - for the past month I have had an intermittent sensation of heat in the same spot on the sole of my left foot.  When I feel this sensation, the spot is not physically warm to touch.  This sensation does not seem to correspond with any specific activity - it happens whenever.  It has not changed in intensity or size.  I have not had this sensation anywhere else.  I am a bit worried as I have just had a family member diagnosed with  an astrocytoma and the first indication of a problem was numbness in two toes of his foot.  I do not have any other health concerns, though I am starting menopause. I would appreciate any input.
Weird.  I am a 39 yo female physician (FP) and have been having almost identical sensation on the lateral dorsal side of one foot for the past week or so.  I cannot think of a reasonable explanation.  It happens suddenly, lasts seconds, is not hot to touch and doesn't seem to be ppt'd by anything in particular.  It is happening 4-6 times per day.  It doesn't hurt but is an odd sensn.
Hi did you check with a neuro - I began my symptoms with heat in groin area and now I have small fiber neuropathy - 10 years later....

It is not strange! I had it on the outside top of my right foot.  I went to the foot Dr. who told me it was a nurve problem. I had 3 injections over a period of 6 mo. and after the last on, I have not had any other problems. (It was at least 7 yrs ago.)
I as well have had a hot spot on the bottom of my right foot. It does not last long and it does not feel hot to touch and it goes away as fast as it came. But for a moment it gets very hot.
I also have a warm sensation in my left foot several times a day. I am 35, have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia but cant find anywhere where this is a symptom of it. Doesn't hurt just concerns me that I don't know what it is from.
this is so weird because I have the exact same thing bottom sole of my left foot.  Not hot to touch but very hot sensation.I have associated it with sitting.
I also am concerned because it seems so random and is a sudden onset. I am 49.
Hi there,
I'm 31 and have been having a hot sensation on the bottom/inside area right where the arch of my foot is on both feet (usually the right). These have happened about 30 times daily for the last three or four days. Not painful and not warm to touch. There are no other side effects when this happens. This is particularly noticeable because normally, my feet are quite cool. I take a few vitamin supplements...calcium, ferrous sulphate, prenatal vitamins. This started around the same time that I began taking all these vitamins at a set time daily. Before, I would only take them periodically, when I remembered to take them. I have had undiagnosed severe joint pain in the past. This pain would show up in knees, wrists, elbows, shoulders and fingers, last for a couple of months and then go away as if nothing had happened. Otherwise, I'm a fairly healthy person though admittedly not as active as I should be.
I just started having warm sensations on the sole of my left foot. They do not hurt. But I am concerned . It must be a neurological issue. Is it worth getting checked out?
Hi have you had any luck in getting more info on your symptom. About two weeks ago I started to feel the same think on sole of my left foot.
thanks