Neurology Community
Intermittent sharp pain on inside of my left thigh
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Intermittent sharp pain on inside of my left thigh

For the last 5 years, I have been having an intermittent sharp pain on the inside of my left thigh. It started when I was pregnant with my last child after I saw a chiropractor for pain in my left hip(in the acetabulum, but only when I walked). The adjustment he made eliminated the pain in the hip, but shortly afterward I started getting pain in my leg.  The pain comes and goes - there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the onset that I can figure out.  It doesn't seem to matter if I've been working out or not, walking alot, or sitting alot. Without painkillers, it can come and go in the space of a half hour or sometimes can last for over a day.  The pain is midway between my hip and knee on the inside of my leg, and ranges from feeling like a sharp, stabbing pain to a burning muscle that feels like it's being stretched too far.  Usually, 400-600 mg Ibuprofen will take care of it, but I dislike taking medications if I don't have to. I have not seen a doctor about it(my husband was laid off and we don't have jobs that offer insurance as of yet).

If anyone has any idea of what this might be and how I can eliminate it, it would be greatly appreciated. I have four very active boys, and it's difficult to keep up with all of the energetic summer activities we do when my leg feels like it's on fire.  Thank-you.