Intermittent tingling of right hand
I am a 54 year old female.  Lately, I have been experiencing numbness and tingling in the fingers and palm of my right hand.  The symptoms go away when I raise my arm.  Is this something I should be concerned about?  I should add that I work at a computer for about 9-12 hrs a day. While I was on vacation a couple weeks ago, I  didn't notice the tingling.

Here is another question: For the past two years, my right foot gets swolen, when compared to my left foot.  My regular physician, and she is an excellent one, had an ultrasound and mri done along with xrays. I also had an EKG done as part of my physical. She informed me that she didn't find a problem; I should accept it as part of the growing old process.  (All my life, my right foot has always been bigger (!) than my left foot).  I am still concerned.  

I would appreciate your advice.  Thank you.
Hi, numbness and tingling in hand could be due to nerve impingement either at cervical spine level or at wrist. Carpal tunnel syndrome is due to median nerve compression at wrist as a result tingling is felt at thumb, index and middle finger whereas ulnar nerve compression at elbow causes tingling in little and ring finger.

Best will be to rule out cervical spondylosis by getting MRI done. Pain killers, physiotherapy along with hot compressions is usually done for cervical nerve compression.

Hi Gini!

Your problem may be work related.  Using ergonomic keyboards may help you with that problem.  I'm glad to hear that all your work ups are negative, especially the MRI which have bearing on your numbness and tingling problem.

About your foot being larger than the other, make sure that it is not edema (fluid collection under the skin).  One way to check this is to press a finger on the overlying skin and watch if the skin dents.  Edema can be seen in patient's with chronic heart or lung problems (both lower extremities) or vascular problems (for edema involving one leg only).  

Continue to consult with your doctor regularly.  Regards to you and God bless.