Neurology Community
Intermittent vibrating sensations in the right thigh
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Intermittent vibrating sensations in the right thigh

Since the last few months, I am having what appears to be at random times, vibrating sensations in the thigh, just like a cell phone vibrating in my pocket. I am a 52 year old male. Does anyone know what causes this and what works? Do I need to have this checked out?
Related Discussions
9 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I wish I knew because I have the same sensation/
Blank
Hi
I started having what felt like cell phone vibrations in my left thigh if I laid on my left side...only on that side, as time progressed so did other symptoms.  Now I have some type of small fiber neuropathy although all tests negative.  Hopefully yours is not to progress like mine.  Best wishes!
Blank
959691_tn?1259413814
Does anyone have the answer to the vibrating leg.  Mines started last Week.  
Blank
Hi
I hate that you are suffering this too but I am glad to hear that so many others have these symptoms. I thought I was going crazy or getting a really bad sickness. It's crazy though that Dr's can't diagnose it when so many seem to have it.
Blank
I have the same problem with the internal vibrating in my body at night. I laid down one night and was telling my husband about it.  I put my hand on the bed, palms down and fingers spread open, and asked him to do the same.  I then asked him if he couldn't feel the vibrations.  He said no. These feelings do not hurt or annoy me....they are just unusual.
Blank
Mine I think just started today. Ever since I started carrying a cell phone I would get the phantom vibrations, but this is different. I was blowing it off at first, thinking it might be something in my pocket. It's almost like I could describe it as a spring wobbling around in the right side of my thigh. I started on Wellbutrin a few weeks ago. Before that I was on zoloft for almost a month. When I started taking the Wellbutrin I would feel weird nerve feelings throughout my leg. Now this. I'll get it checked out and give an update with my progress.
Blank
I forgot to mention something else. I'm currently trying to stop sitting on my left leg. I started a bad habit of placing my left leg under my right thigh when I sit in a chair. The reason I posted this stuff, is so we can compare possible similarities that may be causing our leg issues. Thanks and good luck.
Blank
Im a male 37 and sit for 4 to 5 hours a day. Just two nights ago I began to feel a vibration in my left leg that happens with each heart beat. Like a pressure washer hose that with more pressure pushes the water through and causes the hose to
Vibrate. It is timed at each heart beat. I haven't go e to the DR thought I'd see if I'm alone. Surprised there are no posters that know what might cause this.
Blank
yup , 37 year old male  I've been carrying a cell phone on vibrate on the left side of my pants for about a year now , i have the vibrating in my thigh (more outside mid quad) when it's not even there too. feels like a slightly weaker vibrate then when my phone vibrates.  that started developing a few months ago, getting to the point that i feel it about ten or 15 times a day , it started freaking me out so here i am looking it up. lasts only a few seconds on and off each time.   I too tuck my left leg under my right when sitting at work on off for my 10 hour shift 4 days a week.  but i don't feel it when i sit like that.  I feel it when i sit normal. and when at work and when not at work and when in car. Its definately becoming more noticeable with time.  what is it ?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank