Neurology Community
Intermittent vibrating sensations in the right thigh

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Since the last few months, I am having what appears to be at random times, vibrating sensations in the thigh, just like a cell phone vibrating in my pocket. I am a 52 year old male. Does anyone know what causes this and what works? Do I need to have this checked out?
I wish I knew because I have the same sensation/
I started having what felt like cell phone vibrations in my left thigh if I laid on my left side...only on that side, as time progressed so did other symptoms.  Now I have some type of small fiber neuropathy although all tests negative.  Hopefully yours is not to progress like mine.  Best wishes!
Does anyone have the answer to the vibrating leg.  Mines started last Week.  
I hate that you are suffering this too but I am glad to hear that so many others have these symptoms. I thought I was going crazy or getting a really bad sickness. It's crazy though that Dr's can't diagnose it when so many seem to have it.
I have the same problem with the internal vibrating in my body at night. I laid down one night and was telling my husband about it.  I put my hand on the bed, palms down and fingers spread open, and asked him to do the same.  I then asked him if he couldn't feel the vibrations.  He said no. These feelings do not hurt or annoy me....they are just unusual.
Mine I think just started today. Ever since I started carrying a cell phone I would get the phantom vibrations, but this is different. I was blowing it off at first, thinking it might be something in my pocket. It's almost like I could describe it as a spring wobbling around in the right side of my thigh. I started on Wellbutrin a few weeks ago. Before that I was on zoloft for almost a month. When I started taking the Wellbutrin I would feel weird nerve feelings throughout my leg. Now this. I'll get it checked out and give an update with my progress.
I forgot to mention something else. I'm currently trying to stop sitting on my left leg. I started a bad habit of placing my left leg under my right thigh when I sit in a chair. The reason I posted this stuff, is so we can compare possible similarities that may be causing our leg issues. Thanks and good luck.
Im a male 37 and sit for 4 to 5 hours a day. Just two nights ago I began to feel a vibration in my left leg that happens with each heart beat. Like a pressure washer hose that with more pressure pushes the water through and causes the hose to
Vibrate. It is timed at each heart beat. I haven't go e to the DR thought I'd see if I'm alone. Surprised there are no posters that know what might cause this.
yup , 37 year old male  I've been carrying a cell phone on vibrate on the left side of my pants for about a year now , i have the vibrating in my thigh (more outside mid quad) when it's not even there too. feels like a slightly weaker vibrate then when my phone vibrates.  that started developing a few months ago, getting to the point that i feel it about ten or 15 times a day , it started freaking me out so here i am looking it up. lasts only a few seconds on and off each time.   I too tuck my left leg under my right when sitting at work on off for my 10 hour shift 4 days a week.  but i don't feel it when i sit like that.  I feel it when i sit normal. and when at work and when not at work and when in car. Its definately becoming more noticeable with time.  what is it ?