Neurology Expert Forum
Internal Vibration with continual pins and needles for months.

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I posted earlier this year regarding numbness, pins needles and memory/cog. problems and stiff hips.  Pins and needles increase with heat like blow dryer, heavey robe, etc.

Brain MRI showed bilateral punctate areas of increased signal in frontal region in deep white matter on FLAIR.  Not diagnostic of demylinating disease.

Cervical showed no convincing evidence of deyelination seen.

All lab work came back fine including B-12, ANA, Glucose, perfect.

My symtpoms have remained -5 mos.-with some days stronger than others. Now I have sensations of rubber bands snapping above my right eye and eye area -- slight numbness around my eye. Sharp jabbing pain was original symptom back in June. My vision is worse in right eye.

My fourth and fifth finger on my right hands feels weak and sometimes I awake and my 1/2 hand ONLY is numb.My right arm and legs do get tired/exhausted feeling that I never had before.

Since August I feel a continual internal vibration -- slight buzzing throughout my body. Sometimes it feels like the lower half of my face & chin is vibrating - almost to a tickle feeling but really annoying.

I had total hyst. in 2/04 with no HRT unti August. I am late 40's

What would cause my pins and needles to happen simulatneously
into my hands or feet at same time so many times per day? Memory,
snapping? Vibration?

My Phys.thinks hormone related. I take no meds except estrogen.

Can you please provide insight? MS? I know you can't diagnose me :-)

Thank you in advance!

Unfortunately, without examining you and reviewing your case I cannot be more specific. I would encourage you to have a second opinion at an academic center. They will be able to review the testing and then make further recommendations. Good luck

This is my first time here.  I didn't understand a lot of your medical terminology, however what intrigued me was your comment: "continual internal vibration -- slight buzzing throughout my body. Sometimes it feels like the lower half of my face & chin is vibrating - almost to a tickle feeling but really annoying."  

I've the same except it always occurs while sleeping and throughout entire body.  At times during the day you'd think the calf of my legs enclosed snakes.  I'm 52 on disability since age 45 with inner ear disorder, fistula on round window.  Just recently been losing feeling in toes & bottom of feet, some on right hand, probably due to mild inflammation of myelin.  I have chronic head pains for years lasting only a few seconds here and there but never ending.  Vision problems occur with static in the field of vision, in addition to blurriness when concentrating, such as on speed limit signs. Other symptoms are dizziness, loss of stamina for living, driving, etc. yet I'm a very strong Bowflexer.  

This all started 12 years ago with an body infection lasting 1.5 years due to cotton placed in a root canal, in the bloodstream.  I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of undiagnosable cases here are the result of compromising the natural human neurological barrier.  Although I get physically stronger by choice each year, the stamina for leading a normal life decreases; I lie down a lot during the day.   It seems like I've had some kind of neurological disruption, and if it's going to kill me with 10 years, I'd just like to know that.   So would you.
I am so sorry you are experiencing this.  I understand how these things can affect you.  Sometimes I look at other people recently and see their busness sense of sharpness, etc. and think I use to be like that...what happened? My memory has caused me missing business appts., names of co-workers, looking at menus and feeling confused for selections and sometimes when talking to business associates I feel the need to put my glasses on to hear better. I have been a leader in my field -- now days are harder.

This internal vibration is so odd.  Day or night.  I have mitral valve with regurgitation (mild) and sometimes in the vibration I
sense a pause then start..pause then start.  It makes me wonder if this is my heart. Sometimes I feel it stronger in a body part -- including my head.  No one can feel or see it.

I had alopecia areata as an adolescent, rheumatic fever as a
child and then several years ago went through a horrible time of
itching in the same spot on right forearm every night.  It drove me wild the area was no larger than a 1/2 dollar then began to work  up my arm.  Then it started after a while on the exact same side of the other arm -- the only thing that would relieve it was ice packs to deaden the sensation. No other body part was affected.  An allergist or dermatologist could not find reason. It went away and never came back after months. Topical cortizone did not help at all.

I am a very happy person -- not depressed -- very active.  This
is so wierd.  My truly biggest problem right now is it is so bizarre all that I am saying that I am taken seriously and not a complaint of someone crazy!

I am with you...I want to know what is the matter!  Hopefully this doctor will give us some insight....thanks for your response...we will wait together to see what they have to say!

I was just reading your comments about internal vibration because I am 35 years old, have been very healthy up until recently.  I exercise every day, eat well, and am a medical professional.  I have been worked up as "possible MS" .  I have a mildly abnormal MRI.  Mild mitral valve prolapse. Normal LP, blood work, VEPs, etc.  I am going to the Mayo Clinic for further testing.  I have had this vibration for two weeks.  Just prior to this, I had blurry vision, days-long dizzy-disorientation feeling, tingling, mental fog.  I recently acquired Horner's syndrome, where one pupil stays small even in dim lighting.  I have always been a sane, rational person, but this is so strange.  I don't know if my doctors are taking me seriously.
Thank you for your comments.  I am sorry you are having the "internal vibration" and fogginess symptoms as well.  This is very bizarre.  I too am healthy otherwise.  

I serve in a professional industry as well and been very
active, sharp thinking and quick.  I don't feel I am that way anymore and it is very sad to me. My mind gets exhausted thinking sometimes.

I have an appt. at Cleveland Clinic early November and will post after to share.  Please...do the same for me. Thank you for sharing your situation.  It does help to know I am not "crazy."

Take care.
Josie
I am so glad to hear more about those of us suffering from these internal "tremors." It seems like there is so little out there regarding this phenomenon. I started mine about 5 months ago. You can see my archived thread that I wrote here in August titled "Internal Shaking Won't Stop" (or something like that.) I have been searching for answers since then. One of the things that I am strongly considering is that this is an autoimmune response to a virus I had in February. There is a healthboard that I have been frequenting www.braintalk.org. If you choose the General Neurology and Rare Disorders, (I think that is what it is called. It is the first link on the list.)there are many things there that I have learned. See if it helps you.

I had some weird symptoms (stiff neck, excruciating headaches, and a very sore area right behind my left ear) a couple of weeks after I got over the virus. It  was shortly after that that the neurological symptoms started. I had the sensation that my left arm was weak, I felt like my arm was filled with a bag of worms crawling around, and I had myoclonus jerks at night when I tried to sleep. I then made the mistake of going ahead with a hysterectomy that was scheduled in May. Within two weeks after my surgery, my body went haywire. The tremors started, I had incredible insomnia, tremendous ADD-like behavior, senstivity to sound and light, prickly skin. My symptoms have not really gotten worse, but they have changed somewhat. I don't feel like my brain is in a fog, but more like I have the feeling of having a head cold, only without the cold. My head feels "tinny" if that makes sense.

Anyway, I can't remember if we can leave our e-mail address on these boards, so I won't leave it here. If you go to the Brain Talk website, my name there is carolmerrill. You can send messages directly to me there.

I'd really be interested in hearing from any of you that are suffering from this.
I'm another with the internal tremors.  Unfortunately, mine has lasted over a year and I don't see any end to it.  It's like my entire nervous system is on overdrive.  When I should be calm and relaxed, the buzzing creates a feeling of anxiousness.  If I'm actually nervous, tired, or try physical activity (other than walking), I feel completely shaky.  I also have the cognitive problems - when I'm trying to remember something, it feels almost painful when I can't.  I can't have a peaceful night's rest, because I move about (generally without even knowing it), and don't go into a deep sleep.  Consequently, I take a low dose of Klonopin every night.  I also take Tegretol twice a day, which seems to help the vibration feeling somewhat. These are the main complaints, although there are also other symptoms.   The neurologist doesn't say much, just that he doesn't think it's anything bad.  The thing is, that when the doctors don't know what it is, they just get tired of seeing you, because they don't have anything else to say!  It's basically just "wait and see".  It's not very reassuring, but I'm trying to live with it because I have no choice.  At least my symptoms are alot better when I'm not in a state of panic.
Thank you for your post!  This is amazing. I too searched all over for information regarding this sensation and minimal is posted.  

I do know there was a dividing line in my life when I did not have this and now I do.  It is very noticeable to me.

I think if we continue to talk about this and share the doctors will take note at something we say that may bring about
answers or link issues together...

Thanks! Keep posting here if you get any answers too please!
I hope to find an answer soon at CCF.

Josie
Josie55,

I just wanted to let you know that I've read your posting along with the others.  I suppose that all we can so is see the medical professionals and live as best we can.

Sincerely,
Fred
Hi all...

Thanks for the posts!  I am very glad to be able to communicate.
I did read the August post prior to me posting regarding "Internal shakes" and thought wow..somebody else is talking about this.  I went to BrainTalk and can't post because I can't remember my password...ugh.... I will e-mail when I get back from being away this week. I was able to read though.  I noticed radrhatr you are from Kansas.

I agree that we have to do the best we can for now until someone figures out what this is...I'm going to continue searching!

Take care,
Josie

This is EXACTLY what happened to me. My body felt like it was in a hyper state constantly. It wouldn't shut down enough to let me relax. I couldn't sleep at all. I was feeling extremely anxious. And of course my neurologist wrote off a lot of it to anxiety. But there is something PHYSIOLOGICAL that is causing this. It is not all due to anxiety. I am taking propranolol which does not do much for the tremors, but it has allowed my body to slow down some.

This summer I was not in any state to be accepting of this in any way. As time has gone on, I now want to seek medications to relieve my symptoms as best I can with a minimal amount of side effects. I am not sure I will ever figure out what is wrong with me or what caused this, but I don't think I will ever give up trying.
josie55: let us know if you find out anything at CCF. I have an EEG scheduled in a couple of weeks and an appointment with a new neuro. am not holding out much hope for a quick diagnosis, but I can't give up trying. I also find it interesting that we both had hysterectomies about the time of these symptoms. Any connection there do you think? I am not on HRT as I still have one of my ovaries.

Everyone: does anyone have muscle pains associated with these symptomes? I have these pointed pains in the same place in my back, my left bicep, my left elbow muscle, and my left tricep. It doesn't happen all the time, just certain times when I use my muscles in a particular way. I also have the sensation that my left arm/wrist is weak, but I know I have strength. I can lift and I don't ever drop anything.

By the way, my name is Caroline.
Hi Caroline,  I do also have muscle pains, but not constantly.  For example, when I do any type of exercise where my muscles tire, then I'm hurting for days afterwards, and all my symptoms are exacerbated.  Also, when I press firmly on the muscles, such as in my forearm, they feel sore.  My exercise intolerance didn't start appearing until month 6 - until then I was physically active.
Did anyone notice that their symptoms came on after recuperation from a virus? Or after a surgery? These are the two connections I keep coming back to and wonder if there is something there that could help us.
I am new to this forum and wanted to respond to the last question re: onset of vibration sensations.  Last March I became very sick with a virus I contracted from my 1year old son.  He was sick with a fever and a rash that traveled around his body.  This virus hit me pretty hard.  Since then I have experienced slight numbness down the back left side of body.  This has cleared however, I am now left with these vibrations that start at my feet and travel up towards my pelvis.  I too find that they are worse in the evening when I am winding down.  So far I have had 3 MRI's and blood work, all coming back normal.  This waiting game is more debilitating than the simptoms.  I have not been able to post a question.  I greatly appreciate everyones respones!
Hi Caroline- funny you should mention a hormonal connection- I am also experiencing these "hummings" and painful elbow area and calf on my right leg- I started taking Tamoxifen as breast cancer preventive (strong family history) and all of this started since then-as Tamoxifen stops your etrogen production i am wondering if a connection to hormonal issues- if you look on the breast cancer forum I have seen a lot of women comment on Tamoxifen usage and joint problems- anyone else experiencing this connect?? thanx !
I guess I'll post also.  I as well had that buzzing feeling.  I also had my left leg, then left arm and then the left side of my face go numb or tingly.  I felt weaker but could still function.  Had head MRI-normal (I thank God for that), labs and neuro exam-normal also.  This weird buzzing continued for quite a while and then slowly disappeared.  The vibration was internal.  No one else could feel it.  I described it to my doc as a vibration like you get in your feet after roller blading or driving a lawn mower.  It is better now but I can still awaken with my legs, arms hands or whatever alseep.If I reposition, the feeling comes back.  I also get tingles down my back at various times.  My muscles are sore and painful to touch.  My neck is tight and cracks when I turn it.  The scariest thing that happens to me is that at infrequent times like when I am lying in bed, I will get a tremendous burst of sensation up to my head and down my back and I feel an impending black out like I will pass out or go into a seizure.  I have only done this once while driving.  I did not pass out but I felt close to it.  I rolled down the windows and began to try to move around in the car.  That's the worst for me.  I can go weeks or even months and not have that happen and then it just happens.  I am now gluten free and drink only raw goat milk.  I also take vitamins and mineral..  I drink lots of water and stay clear of pop and sugar.  I do consume sugar at times but I wish I did not.  I also pray alot for God to help me.  And He has.  I am better and I appreciate that.  I think that my neck is off and my tight muscles trap my nerves.  The tremor and vibration came on me after surgery also.  I thought that when I was knocked out, I was moved around even if only slightly but enough to misalign my spine enough to cause nerve trouble.  I felt unnervered all the way home from the procedure.  I have not been "right" since.  Better but not usual.  God bless......
I had my FSH checked when I visited an endocrinologist. It was normal. I don't have any other typical hormonal symptoms, but I am more thinking that this was related to the surgery itself as opposed to the hormone complications from a hysterectomy. There are so many directions to go with this that I sometimes feel overwhelmed at trying to rule out/try out everything.

I have read several places that dental work can cause these symptoms. Also a virus. thyroid disorders. We can't believe the Lyme tests that we get. The B12 malabsorption. Bacterial infections. Antibiotics. The list seems to go on and on. I have been at this 5 months and don't even feel like I have made a dent in trying to single out the cause so that I can get rid of this **** stuff!

To kwag: Sounds very similar. I just don't have that burst of sensation you were talking about. I have read also that gluten intolerance can do funky things. What are the things that you need to avoid in order to be gluten free?
I avoid all wheat, barley, rye and oats.  These all contain the gluten in them.  I don't know what that burst of sensation is either.  It is soooo strange.  I does not last long maybe about 5-10 seconds.  I move around and it goes away.  I was concerned about MS for a while but now I concentrate on NOT worrying.  Stress is a killer.  I want to avoid it.  I sometimes get that vibration in just my arch of one foot or both.  It changes.  I have learned to live with what happens each day.  When I sit and constantly think about what I am feeling, I am miserable.  I just try to go on.  If anyone finds out what this is, please post it!!!!!
The feelings you describe, pins and needles, vibrations, etc. are indicative of neurological Lyme disease.  I have it and went through the same thing.  If all of your other tests have come back normal, consider seeing a Lyme specialist.  No other doctor, specialist or 'ologist will due when it comes to Lyme.  To find one, go to www.LymeNet.org or www.ilads.org.

Here's some info to get you started...(pay particular attention to the symptoms listed under neurological.) You may want to print this and use it as a check list. Email me for more info. ***@****

Head, Face, Neck
Unexplained hair loss
Headaches, mild or severe
Twitching of facial or other muscles
Facial paralysis (Bell's Palsy)
Tingling of nose, cheek or face
Stiff or painful neck or creaking
Jaw pain or stiffness
TMJ
I have been reading posts in a forum at www.aboutbfs.com. It seems that there are a lot of people there who have these internal vibrations. I have found a lot of connections to my symptoms there. Your might give it a try.
Are any of you having problems with trembling or jerking at night?  It may or may not wake you up.  My husband tells me about it.  I hate it that I can't get away from this even when I'm sleeping.  I'm going to see a rheumatologist next week.  I'd really like to keep in touch with all of you, to see if any answers appear.  Can anyone suggest an appropriate forum, either at aboutbfs.com or at brain.hastypastry.net/forums/?  I think keeping our group together (which will soon disappear here) may be helpful to all of us!  I'd really like to hear the results of various doctors' opinions.  I'll be happy to share mine.
Yes, I have the clonic jerking also.  Like when I am falling asleep.  I can have it at other times as well.  It's not real big but you can see it.  My hopes are that you get well real soon.
I have had the jerking at night, some nights at the beginning of this were really bad. I have found that they are very closely related to my anxiety level. When this first started happening, I was awakened EVERY time I started to fall asleep by a limb jerking. Of course this made me more anxious, as it wasn't just a finger or a slight movement, but sometimes my whole arm would flail! As I have calmed down, the jerks have disappeared.

The trembling at night only comes as I am settling down and also awaking. It doesn't necessarily keep me awake. As I settle down, I can feel the tremors start to gradually quiet down all over my body. As I awake, many times I can feel a pulsing tremor in my back. Lately, I have moved more towards a vibrating or a buzzing feeling. Last night I had the tremor feeling in my legs. I can't say that I am necessarily getting "worse," but my symptoms seem to be evolving and changing.

I too would like to keep posting as we all search for answers. I don't know what the solution is but as I said earlier, I am carolmerrill at braintalk.org and also at aboutbfs.com. You can access my e-mail from either site or you can also private message at either one. If anyone else has any better ideas, please post. Otherwise, I will look for y'all there!
Hi All....

Well all I can say is that Cleveland Clinic is first class and professional.  My appointment today was lightyears different than any appointment I have ever had.

The doctor was very kind, easy to talk to, interested and thoroughly examined me.  SHE is going to investigate further through additional testing.  I feel taken seriously.  

Whether or not she can put a name to my symptoms/condition
I don't know.  I do know that she is trying.  That is all I ask.
I was definitely not blown off.  

More tests in 2 weeks.  

I am going to locate you on another website Caroline....thanks for helping me track you down...

Please keep this post going if anyone has any ideas...I will be reading!

Josie

Glad you had a good appointment. I'll be anxious to hear how things progress as I feel like I am running out of traditional medical approaches here. I tend to frequent the General Neurology and Rare Disorders Thread at the braintalk site if you are looking for me.

Does anyone else find it interesting that this thread has generated so much interest from people? We can't find a whole lot of info out there about what ails us, but when we find someone in our same boat, it's like a lifeline!
I also feel the vibration/tremor in my back. If my husband sleeps to close to me at night, he can feel it, and he said that I have a lot of jolts.  I also believe that this is directly related to my anxiety level.  For instance, just the normal excitement of election day seems to have taken a toll on me today, and I can tell that tonight will be difficult.  I have had so many days when I am just dead tired, and now I realize it's because I'm just not getting decent sleep at night, even though I'm not waking up. I am Hopeful42 at braintalk, and will start checking in there when this original post disappears.
Are you not getting enough sleep because the tremors are constantly moving your body without your being aware? Or is there something else that is causing your sleep disturbances? My sleeping patterns have also been dramatically altered by this stuff. I don't move around at night-my tremors subside as my body stills-so it's not them that keep me from getting a good night's sleep. My head/brain feels different. It's like I have a head cold, only I don't have the cold. It feels "tinny" if that makes sense. I had terrible insomnia (1-2 hours/night, if I slept at all) this summer. My body was felt like it was in overdrive. Meds have helped me sleep, but I sleep much differently now than before this happened. Something radically  altered the sleeping part of my brain, I feel.
Just thought I'd let you all know that I did get some tests back.  Everything checked out okay like thyroid, CBC, Chem 20, glucose, etc..... BUT.... i have toxic levels of mercury!!!!  I looked up mercury Toxicity and that spells me.  I hope to get this stuff taken out with DMPS.  I go Monday for that to start.  I also had elevated lead.  Just wanted to let you all know.  I had about 8 amalgam fillings in my teeth.  I also used to give vaccines for years and I ate tuna regularly.  Hope this helps you all.
I have also considered mercury toxicity as my problem. I have a MOUTHFUL of amalgam fillings from when I was a kid. The only molars that don't have fillings in them are the two I had root canals on--and they had fillings in them before that!!! I had a mercury blood test that came back 0 level, but I don't think that is the best test for that. What kind of a test did you have and who did it?
WOW!  I finally found some people who can understand what my husband has been feeling and going through!

Over 7 months ago, my husband's life changed drastically.  In early March he had colonoscopy followed by a tetanus toxoid booster for a cut on his left hand three days later.  Eleven days following the shot he felt a very strange feeling in his lips.  Not numbness, but a tired/fatigued feeling.  

Within a couple more days, the feeling traveled over the rest of his face.  You could see his muscles just below the eyes twitch.  Other than that, there were no outward signs.  Within the week, his arms and legs were affected.  You could see the twitiching in his quads and forearms.  He felt like he wouldn't be able to walk within a few weeks.  

That's when the night sweats and internal vibrations started.  We have been to Cleveland Clinic and got no help and no answers.  All bloodwork checks out.  The MRI, EEG, EMG, and more blood tests than you can imagine all check out.  His ANA levels were elevated, that's it.  One year prior to this he had a hernia surgery.  Seven years prior to this he had a prosthetic stapis implanted into his ear due to hearing loss caused by the fixation of his natural stapis.  The vibration for him remains constant.  He cannot sleep without Ativan as the internal cold feeling and vibration intensifies at night.  The doctors are calling it post-viral myopathy, but that doesn't help tp alleviate the symptoms or get us back to a normal life.  

My 38-year-old husband prior to this was a very healthy runner who stands 6' 3", 195 pounds.  He is a teacher who loves his job.  He was unable to work in the spring, but with the help of a physical therapist he has grown physically stronger despite the symptoms.  Our young daughter's miss the physical rough housing with their father.  We continue to struggle and to look for answers.  Any suggestions?
How can so many of us share this problem, and yet none of us can find answers?  I wish I had some.  Caroline, I didn't realize that it was my poor sleep causing my fatigue at first.  But the other day, when I thought I had slept just fine (no waking during the night - take low dose of Klonopin at bedtime), my husband remarked about how bad my trembling was.  The fatigue hit me hard a few hours after being up, then I could tell that I'm just not getting deep sleep, and spend many days sleep-deprived.  My biggest worry this week is my cognitive problems. At work, I'm trying to learn procedures for new processes that we're implementing, and I just can't seem to focus on the information.  This makes me nervous, which just makes everything worse.  When I try to read procedures, it's like trying to read after you've had about 3 drinks.  This really scares me, because now I'm worried about my job, worried I'll have to try to explain this to my boss.  I can't seem to remember anything anymore.  I hope things go better on Monday.
I also had the internal viberations, etc.  Also the "jerks" at various places of my body.  My solution is...I no longer drink coffee or tea with caffeine.  The caffiene was what made me with the odd feelings.  Sounds too simple, but that was the cause!

Also,  Inner ear problems can cause numbness in the face and unclear thinking,  with ringing and rattling in the ear that seems to viberate the face and head.  There is not much to do to help if it is inner ear damage.  Just have to get used to  it.  I hate the fogginess in that side of my head the most.
It makes me have problems with thinking!
I can't dare drink caffeine.  I gave it up long ago, but unfortunately, there was no improvement.
I have been plagued with neuro problems for some time now.  I have also found it difficult to find a doctor to take me seriously.  I finally traveled to Univ of Mich Med Center and met with a professor of neuro there, and he did listen to me, but could only tell me that it was possible MS--have had multiple testing, including total blood work up, multiple MRI, and finally emg, eeg, lumbar punture, etc..only thing they could find was elevated protein levels in my spinal fluid--my symptoms are now getting worse, and i too have noticed a trembling or vibrating sensation coming from within, also have had terrible bouts of insomnia--sometimes will go for days with one to two hours of sleep--i think my next stop will be at the cleveland clinic--just wish there was someplace closer to home, as no longer able to drive, loss of balance, etc...it has made me feel better after finding this site to realize i am not the only one with these feelings, i have been told so many times by more than one doctor that i need a psychiatrist or mental health therapy--i am not crazy, i do get depressed, but i feel thatis perfectly normal for someone of my age--i am 47--also, my husband seems to remember that i started having major problems after a surgery for a tumor on my thyroid--also had a hysterectomy at age 26--i will keep reading on this site to see what else everyone has to say--thanks so much to you all
I am sorry you are experiencing your rollercoaster ride of symptoms as well.  Thank you for sharing.  I am getting further testing done and will keep communicating the outcome of my
symptom "ride" as well.  I feel the doctors look at me too with maybe I need another type of doctor....but I know this is so entirely different than anything I have ever experienced.  This is a true transforming change of thought process, etc.  I too went for a long spell of not being able to sleep. Josie
I had a terrible time with insomnia this summer. Originally, my GP thought I was having thyroid problems. When the endo finally put me on propranolol for the tremors, within two weeks I was finally able to sleep. The propranolol is a beta blocker that slows down your sympathetic nervous system. I can't tell you that I am sleeping like I always did before this started, but I can tell you that I started sleeping 3-4 hours a night at first. There are some nights now that I sleep maybe 5 hours straight. And others where I will sleep a combined total of 5-6 hours. Fortunately, I can function just fine on that amount. I never required that much sleep anyway, but I had a hard time this summer when I would sleep 1 hour on most nights, some nights, not at all. I don't know if this would work for anyone else with insomnia, but it seems worth a try. Certainly better than the other sleeping aids that can be addictive or short-term. I have been taking it since August and the neurologist says there is no reason that I can't continue taking it as long as I need it.
I agree with mineandours. Almost sure that you are infected by tick. Check out where you are living. Is this infected area? I've been bite by ticks 2+ years ago. Since last year I have tinnitus. Since March this year I have twitches  all over my body including my both eye lids. Actually, it started on my right upper eye lid.  I've done 4 (!) EMGs and all four were good. Several neuro exams were normal also.
LD specialists ordered 5 (five!) different tests and exam:
ELISA (2x), PCR DNA, Coxsackie,  Entero, POLIO 1,2,3...
Nothing discovered; all negative.
I'm living in the most infected area in Europe and I'm affraid that I have neurological kind of LD.
S.B. (Croatia, Europe)
I am also in the middle of trying to get a diagnosis or relief from symptoms - mild constant headache, tinnitus, internal vibrations on falling asleep and waking, pain in legs, neck and shoulers, pins and needles in feet and lower legs.  All of these for 5 months and so far I have been told it is not my thyroid (I have Hashimoto's but it is under control with meds) and i do not have MS ( the doctor said MS would explain my symptoms)
I have had MRI's of spine and brain (only scattered hypointense foci - whatever that means)I have had EMG which says myopathy which is fairly general and just means muscle pain.  I have a mildly raised CPK creatine phosphokinase.  Does anyone else have that?  The neurologist is now sending me to the rheumatologist???I am wondering about the mercury test mentioned - was it a normal blood test or a hair test? Please post.  I am also thinking hormonal - menopause - which no doctor has mentioned or Lyme disease which no doctor has mentioned.  The vibrating is wierd - I wonder if it is in my head or body. I can't tell where it is coming from. Has anyone had heart problems.  We need to keep in touch with what we are finding.  I also have been told in the past that I have multiple food allergies.  Also I had all these symptoms in 1999 for more than a year, then 2 years of good health and fitness now IT has recurred.
A related discussion, Pins and needles was started.
hi just wanted to include myself to this list i also have had these internal vibration buzzing sensation in my legs mostly and upper body at times its worse and it also comes with ponding heartbeat fuzzy vision dizziness and brainfog i feel like im plugged into a socket like everyone had test done mris ct scans but cannot find anything and all my symptoms started after my visit abroad where i was bitten alot but my dr says its not lymes my neurologist says all is fine from all my test he even sent my brainscan and back mris to the hospital where they had a board meeting with others who specialise in this field but all came back negative well that makes me feel like crap somedays i feel so drugged up without the drugs. Also have alot of leftsided symptoms my head hurts from my temple and my ear feels funny internally my gum and tongue and cheek burn i have horrible taste in my mouth my hairs faaling my vision is going bad my leftshoulder blade has sting crawling pain my rib hurts from front and back i have strong heartbeats my neck crackle ans snaps also feel lost my left ovarie area hurts my periods are irregular im just a mess with no diagnosis as yet. Im so fed up could this me perimenopause or what why is so hard to find a diagnosis all my dr gives me on each visit are prozac citalapram or any other ad im not depressed but sick of the way i feel im so glad i found this sight i did ask my dr could it be lymes he said no none of my symptoms fit what the hell is happening its been three years now with no answers i do not know what to do just fed up my life is like a bottle of soda freshly opened with all this fizzing buzzing going on my dr properbly thinks im going crazy well what can i say i feel like that myself. Thank you.
Demyelinating peripheral neuropathy and Chrionic Lyme Disease.  I have that feeling all the time.  Less with medication. The neuropathy should be diagnosed by a neurologist with nerve conduction studies and Lyme by a lyme literate medical doctor (LLMD).  Tests: nerve conduction studies and western blot sent to Igenix Labs. http://www.ilads.org/
Might be a possibility - good luck to all.