Internal tremors
I am a very active, healthy 65 year female.  In Dec. 06 I noticed internal shaking in left arm and in my chest.  Cardiac problems were negative.  This sensation of internal tremors which cannot be felt by others or seen, plus pins and needles has now involved my whole body.  When I am active in the day it is not as noticeable, but soon as I stop and rest I feel them.  I don't tolerate heat well, My sleep is very disturbed.  I have taken ambien 5mg prn for 8 years due to insomnia.  My neurologist thinks it might be restless leg syndrome- even though tremors are located throughout my body (I'm waiting blood test results- thyroid and iron levels).   I was put on an antidepressant (Celexa) and other meds are to be determined.  Do you have any ideas??  Thank you.
Hi.

Although your symptoms may be non-specific and could be associated with many types of conditions, the finding of tremors, paresthesias, and heat intolerance could suggest a thyroid disorder as a likely cause. Some other conditions that need to be ruled out include vitamin and mineral deficiencies, as well as diabetes.

Hope this helps.
You may have gotten your answer by now and would be glad to hear what you found out!  For me, the internal shaking, which started in the chest as you, has evolved to the feet/lower leg  mostly.  It moves up at times to the chest.   I think anxiety is the cause for me. And then it seems to cause more anxiety so a nasty cycle.   Plus I had a hysterectomy 10 yrs. ago. So the hormone aspect may contribute.  But I do have that internal shake/vibration as you describe for yourself.  And exactly as you say, when active the sensation is much  less troublesome.