Neurology Community
Involuntary Twitching

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Involuntary Twitching

Out of now where my left thumb has started to twitch off and on. I hold things and move my hand to try and stop it but it keeps twitching. I pinched a nerve on the left side of my neck earlier this week. But it seems to be getting better. Could this be causing the twitching? I don't take any medication or do any drugs or drink alcohol.

Tags: twitching
Avatar n tn
It is possible that the pinched nerve is the cause of the thumb twitching.  If it persists and you are bothered by it, you can opt to consult a neurologist.
The pinched nerve in your neck could most likely be the cause. I think it's the medial nerve that goes from your thumb and some other fingers (not pinky) to your neck and shoulder.
my right thumb has been twitching since five days off and on. Two days prior to the twitching, I had constantly pushed a button on my mobile in order to get it working with the help of my right thumb. Should the twitching have subsided by now? Can injury cause this sort of twitching?
Note: My thumb visibly jumps.