Neurology Community
Involuntary forehead muscle movement

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Involuntary forehead muscle movement

Male 36.  For the last week or so I've experienced a symptom where a muscle in the upper middle part of my forehead moves involuntarily.  It has been coming and going but today the symptom has become more frequent and I'm getting these moves every few seconds.  
It's rather frustrating and makes for a strange sight.
I'll be glad to read your input.  Thanx.
I think you are having muscle twitching or fasciculation. I think you need to relax.
Muscles twitching are also called as fasciculation’s. Muscle twitching is the result of minor local muscle contractions or the uncontrollable twitching of a single muscle group served by a single motor nerve fiber or filament. Some minor muscle twitching is common and goes unnoticed, but some may be sign of underlying neurological disorder.
Benign twitches are normal and quite common, often triggered by stress or anxiety. Any irregularity in your daily diet can also cause similar symptoms. Any drug overdose especially caffeine. Exercise can also induce twitching.
Do you have this symptom in any other part of body? If yes, where are they?
Do you have muscle weakness?
Hope this helps.
Bye.
Thanks Caliber.
No other symptoms in any other part of my body or any muscle weakness. Just this noticeable muscle twich on the forehead.
What I did and seems to have helped, is that because I do suffer from semi-frequent inflammations in certain parts of the body such as the feet , and because I read a post on the internet that such symptoms can come from inflammations, I took two pills of Arcoxia so far, and since then...haven't twitched a muscle....
Not sure if this is because the antiflammatory drug worked.

I think it might be coincidence that twitching has got better. If the symptoms reappear, take anti-inflammatory medicine again and see, if the symptoms disappear, then you are sure of cause.
Alternatively, if you still feel that your symptoms are annoying then you should consult a neurologist to evaluate.
Hope this helps.
Bye.
My teacher at school has a twitching on his forehead. He will not describe why this is, he just goes about his daily routine ignoring it. Should i inform him of the dangers of this symptom or will it possibly pass ?

Help me understand how he works.
Minxx
I've also been getting those twiches for the past few months. My first thought was that it was because my head muscles were not used to having the weight of carrying long hair, as for the past year I've been growing it long for the first time in my life.

After reading your posts, I'm wondering if it could be something else as I've been quite stressed with work lately, and I tend to drink alot of coke... coffee isnt much of an issue since I only drink it 4 or 5 times a week max.
I also have involuntary muscle movement in my forehead which started a month ago during a stressful time.  First water in my finished basement, then my son in the hospital for a week.  My forehead, mostly between my brows starts to numb then I feel my muscles bubbling up and contorting into a ridiculous state and lasts about a minute.  Luckily I feel it coming on so I can put my hand over it to hide it if I'm in public.  If I rub it, I can bring it on sometimes.  Warmth, like washing my face can bring it on.  While it's happening, I can smash it back down to calm it down but it still lasts about a minute.  It looks different every time and does different things.  Sometimes it will happen once a day and sometimes 20 times a day.  My MD thought it was some form of Blepharospasm but after researching that, it's not that AT ALL.  It does not involve my eye lids and I can keep my eyes open and watch the show while it's happening.  I have an appointment at Neurology and my MD ordered a series of blood tests for irom, folic acid, vitamin B12, magnesium, ferritin, plasma, etc. My MD thought it might have more to do with diet than stress.  I am low on iron in general.  Anxious to find out what it is!!!!
Okay I found out what it was..... the Neurologist said all the blood work came back fine.  The involuntary facial muscle movement to my forehead was caused by getting chemical peels every 3 weeks.  There was too much trauma to the forehead, as the technician was applying extra to that area.  There is very little skin between the muscle and the acid that was applied, therefore the muscles being traumatized would go into a clenched type of 'charlie horse' state due to muscle memorization.  It would kick into gear when I rubbed my forehead.  I had 5 chemical peels in a row every 2 to 3 weeks.  He said to stop them and give it 90 days and it should go away forever.  Already it does it less and less.  
Linda,

Has your twitching  you posted in 2011 stopped?  I my forehead just started posting a few weeks ago - before Christmas 2012.  The only thing I do to my face is cleanse daily and apply lotions every night...

It even twitches after a good nights sleep.

Tar56...
I was having this problem today, the twitching in my forehead and I have precisely the same symptoms and all of the same circumstance surrounding the ailment as mentioned.  I also just discovered that I suffer from swelling of the feet after taking a very long Greyhound bus trip.  I have had a change in diet, switching to raw foods in the last few days, and I have had a good amount of exercise this morning after a period of inactivity that has left me extremely out of shape.  It's good to see here that the twitching has been described as ordinary par the activity that I have experienced.  
it can come from stress and anxiety, some people when are around a person who intimidates them or in a situation they arent comfortable in can make these spasms. diet also, and food which isnt totaly clean to eat which may have bad bacteria in it can cause muscles spasms.
and illegal drugs which may have been taken have affects on the muscles and also affect your state of mind so you can have stress and anxiety which as above tells you twitches.
shampoos and even washing powder may need a change as am sure everyone changes there pillow cases often.
regards people miky
there is  a place in the world with unhappy memories and whenever i go to this place i get a twitch,  don't go there any more and the twitch is at bay.
i did test it out to see if it really did twitch when i visited and it did every time.