Neurology Community
Is it FM,Sjogrens or Early-onset PD

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Is it FM,Sjogrens or Early-onset PD

I have a history of FM, CMP, PCOS/IR, HT (controlled w/ med), and last fall I was dx'd with Sjogrens after seeking medical attention due to a photosensitive reaction. In retrospect, I had had symptoms of SjS for at least 5 years. More recently I've had an exacerbation of old symptoms and some new ones but there is so much overlap it is really hard to figure out what is happening. Particularly bothersome are "wooden" legs especially the upper legs and cognitive issues. I have MAJOR fatigue. I've been having a hard time getting around. Balance problems. I've been experiencing peripheral neuropathy. I've also had a problem with sweating in spite of the Sjogrens dx (seems counter intuitive). I recently had a brain MRI with contrast dye which was "clean" so no MS (according to my neurologist).

My dad recently called me to tell me that one of the meds he takes for PD is being studied in patients with FM. This got me doing some research and now I'm wondering about Early Onset PD. It does seem to fit. I'm planning on going to my neurologist to ask about taking the dopamine agonist for my FM but I wonder if it is really my FM or if my problems are due to neurological issues with the Sjogrens or is it Early Onset of PD? Or all of the above? If I can get the neurologist to let me try the med and it helps I don't know if the actual dx matters except that my situation is so severe that I've applied for SSDI and I suspect that PD on my application might have more "pull" than just the FM, CMP, Sjogrens, etc...

I guess what I'd really like is some info that I can print out and take to my neuro. She says I have no neurological issues but she has never examined me, only spoke with me after I had the MRI that was recommended by my rheumatologist.  Part of the problem is that I'm in Greece and I find that generally they aren't as on top of things here. The neuro does speak English so if I can find some "reputable" info that would help her to at least consider other possibilities that would be great. I am desperate!

I'm the mother of two young boys with special needs and I just can't continue like this.

Thanks.
DD
PS - Oh, and I'm 41.5 years old.