Neurology Community
Is it Lhermitte

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Is it Lhermitte

I'm 22 y.o female. It's been a week since I started experiencing buzzing in my right foot arch when I TURN MY NECK to the left. No "electricity" down my spine. It happens constantly. I have no other neurological symptoms. I know it doesn't sound like typical L'hermitte(from what I've read in the internet) but It makes me very concerned. I had a whiplash injury about 2-3 months ago. Does anyone else experienced that. I'm worried if it's possible sign of MS .
P.S I also get some random buzzing at the same spot coming out of nowhere.
Thank you for your question. It could be lhermitte sign since you had injury in spine that may cause cervical disc prolapse so the symptoms. It will be best that you consult a neurologist who would like to prescribe pain killers, steroid and muscle relaxants after seeing the extent of the spine problem. Other treatments could be cervical orthosis such as a soft cervical collar or stiffer neck brace to restrict neck movement until some relief. In addition, cervical traction may also be suggested by the doctor, if condition is severe. Hope this helps.