Is it necessary that Lactic @ 5.1 mm is a sign of Metabolism disorder ?

My kid has completed 3 months 2 days and it could be find in last one week convelsions two times.
Lab report states all other parameter normal.  Only worry is Lactic is 5.1 instead of 2.1

No other infections / signs are there.  EEC has come normal.

Plesae guide

There are many causes of seizures in the newborn child.

Inborn errors of metabolism may present in the child in various forms including seizures.

Lactic acidosis is diagnosed when the level of lactic acid is raised, at the same time as other findings. Just a rise of lactic acid levels may not signify lactic acidosis, there needs to be a change in the acid and other electrolyte levels in the body.

On the other hand, diagnosing an infants seizures may require some more effort. This may include, history good examination and tests.

Hope this helped. Let us know if there is some other questions that you may have.

Best regards.
Thanks a lot for reply m'am.   But here it is a normal labour delivery. and EEC is normal.
Other electrolyte are normal as per pathology  report

So can you advice further based on this ?

Regards

Kamlesh
Want to rquest all neuro physician to give 2 min precious time on this which can help me a lot.