Is tension headache 1-2x/wk too often?
I just got back from my dentist office.  He was surprised to find that I suffer from tension headache that lasts 1-2 hours each time for 1-2 times per week.  He thinks a couple times a month is ok, but a couple times a week is too much that I should be checked.  She says that my medical doctor may be able to prescribe something to control the frequency of my headaches.  Is he right?  Should I see my primary doctor for this?
Hi Annie. If the "tension headaches" are bothersome to you, it would be a good idea to tell your primary about them. He or she can help determine if what you are experiencing are tension headaches.  Do any medications help stop the headache pain?

Maybe a good massage might help too!

Let us know how you are doing.
For me, each attack lasts a couple hours.  I used to take Advil for the headaches, then I got rebound headaches that are much worse.  So now I just tough it out.  

I read sonewhere that antidepressant may be effective for sporadic tension headaches.  I don't want to tell my dr coz I'm afraid he'll put me on antidepressant type of drugs, which made me awfully miserable in the past and is very hard to quit on.  
Hi again.  I think you're dentist is right to encourage you to see your doctor. Has a medical doctor diagnosed you with tension headaches?  You could be having migraines.

You do not have to take any medication that you don't want to.

This MedHelp link might help you:
http://www.medhelp.org/neurology/articles/Causes-of-Headaches-and-Treatment-for-Headache-Pain/241

Take Care.