Neurology Community
Is there a Provigil substitute?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Is there a Provigil substitute?

Does anyone know of a medication that would help with lack of energy, fatigue, and brain fog (aside from
Provigil)?  My insurance doesn't want to authorize approval of Provigil for my symptoms.  Any feedback
would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!    
Rondi..I am in a similar situation such as yourself. I had been on Provigil for approximately a year and it helped me tremendously. I was able to look for employment again, seek out options for going bk to school, and I had much less social anxiety with friends, family, and the public. I also went on a much needed weight loss program and had lost 17 lbs. Then my insurance denied coverage and we are working on an appeal. I have heard that "Adderall (adderrall)" can help some people who were taking Provigil but you have to ask your doctor about that. I only hope this drug goes to a generic form one day so I can have it again. It had been a life saver for me and how I am starting to regress. Good luck! :)  
Hello, my doctor gave me some samples of this,  I was looking it up and saw the above post, continued to search and I found where someone on here said that PV's generic is Modafinil and there are other names Alertec and Modalert.  I don't know if this will help you but it is worth checking into.
My insurance would not pay at first, my doctor had to fill out a form justifying it.
Good luck
Dee
I had tried Provigil some years ago for fatigue and didn't have a good experience.

I now take Vyvanse for ADHD, and it helps with energy and focus, too.  It's great.  If you can make it past the side effects in the start; once they are gone, it's great.