Is this Dystonia? Not sure where to post this, so sorry if you've seen it before.
I often find myself involuntarily tensing and contorting my muscles into painful positions—like arching my back very deeply or sharply pointing my foot/toes.  This occurs randomly, and many times every day.  It can happen in one to three areas of my body at a time, in varying combinations—it can occur in my jaws (clenching my teeth), tongue, back, hands, arms, buttocks, legs and feet.  I don't realize I'm doing it until it really starts to hurt!  Once I'm aware that I'm tensing, I can make the muscles relax, but most of the time, it just happens again after 10-30 seconds, or if not that soon, a few minutes later (either the same part of my body, or a different one).  This leaves my muscles (and sometimes the joints involved) very fatigued, sore, and sometimes feeling as if I have just recovered from a Charley-horse-type of cramp.  The only explanation I can think of is that it is stress/anxiety related, but it even happens when I’m having a little–to-no anxiety at all, so I’m not convinced that this has psychiatric or emotional cause.  Also, I've tried treating this problem as if it were caused by stress (relaxation/stretching/anti-anxiety meds), with no success.  Sometimes the resulting pain, from over-extension of the muscles/tissues, can be partially relieved by NSAIDs, but I would like to stop the actual problem, not just treat the resulting pain.  Anybody know what this might be?  I don’t really know anything about dystonia, so if someone could tell me if this problem sounds like dystonia or not, I would be very grateful.  Thanks.
Hi!
It is difficult to say whether you suffer from dystonia or not but yes, dystonia does cause muscle contractions and abnormal body and limb postures. However, severe muscle spasms can also be due to electrolyte imbalance, kidney problems or due to low vitamin B complex, or vitamins B1, B3, or B6 and Vitamin D.
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Thanks so much for your reply.  I will be seeing a neurologist soon, and I will discuss my symptoms with her.  I am hoping that I have a simple imbalance or deficiency that is causing them.