Neurology Community
Is this MS? Or is this fibromyalgia?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Is this MS? Or is this fibromyalgia?

So here are my symptoms: for the last 5 weeks
Muscle pain on arms, most frequent on legs, sometimes on heels
Rib cage pain
Shoulder, Neck pain
Visual:  Zig zag line with eye movement on both eyes for the past 2 weeks.
All pains can be burning.  I also get tingling, pins and needles and electric shocks.  EMG, EEG, bloodwork, eye exams all normal.  I feel a bit off balance.  When I walk, at times, I feel a heavy pressure on my head, neck and shoulders and my legs feel heavy and I get pins and needles.  Symptoms are worse when I'm tired or hungry.  I also get nerve tics.  Neuro #1 thinks I have migranes (migraines) with no headaches.  Neuro #2 thinks we should wait a few more weeks and see what happens.  Neuro #3 wants me to get an MRI on the head and one on the neck, she's looking for tumors.  Neuro #4 thinks I I'm suffering from fibromyalgia.  Any thoughts?
Interesting liz0629. I just joined this site today because I have been having symptoms similar to yours, expect I don't have the zig zag line with eye movement..could you describe this further? I had an MRI a few weeks ago, and it showed 3 lesions on my brain, yet my neurologist is not concerned that it's MS...I am clueless and despite my symptoms, he wasn't worried, so now I'm back at square one. I do think I need a 2nd opinion, but since I'm in nursing school at the moment, finding the time is very difficult, especially after I feel like I've seen every specialist on the planet!  I have been seeing a neurology chiropractor who has been helping me a little bit. I would definitely suggest getting that MRI done. Do you ever have trouble swallowing? That's another symptom of MS and extreme fatigue. I have almost all of your symptoms, so I'm curious to hear more and keep up to date.
I don't have a hard time swallowing.  As for the vision, it looks like a little thin line that floats.  I'll keep you posted to my MRI results.

From your post it seems that it could be either migraine or fibromyalgia or both. However nothing can be said for sure without a clinical exam and looking at the test reports.
It will help us to know if you have a family history of migraines and what treatment are you currently on.

I've had bad migraines in the past which were calmed by taking imitrex.  I'm not taking any medications, I only take supplements such as vitamin b12, calcium, magnesium, and vitamin d.  What can be causing the weird vision?  Also, I wake up every night at 4 or 5 am and feel afraid, and I have weird dreams about feeling lonely, and about death. I sometimes think it's fibromyalgia, last weekend for about 2 hrs my right leg hurt so much and I had muscle spams, it felt as if it was on fire especially around the thigh an knees.  Thanks for the response.
I got the MRI results today.  The brain MRI is normal, no lesions, nothing abnormal.  The cervical spine one says the following:    There is a slight reversal of the cervical lordosis and there is a mild torticollis convex to the right.  These findings could be related to positioning, but could also be due to muscle spasm.