Neurology Community
Is this MS
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is this MS

Hi. April 2012 I started having symptoms of dizziness (more of a lightheaded feeling, not spinning) and tingling in upper legs and upper arms. I went to emerg where bloodwork was done, heart was checked, and a ct was done, all of which came back normal. 2 weeks later, I went to emerg again because the right side of my body felt tingly and slightly numb sensation( but it was not numb) I was then referred for an MRI which came back "normal" aside from one nonspecific small spot. Dr said in her opinion this was a normal MRI. So over the next few months I continued having tingling..and then I started having trouble swallowing, like I had to force myself...sometimes I would wake up and it was like I had forgot how to swallow..it became painful. I continued this feeling on and off, some days were better than others..Also started having feeling of weakness in tongue, sometimes tingly..

I also had joint pain start...was sent for more bloodwork..ruled of lyme and other deficiency such as b-12, magnesium..etc.

The tingling eventually stopped. Over about 5 months, but I still feel week and strained on my entire right side. Another symptom that has been with me on and off is this lightheaded feeling...I have days where I feel I'm pulling to the right slightly and am off balance. It seems worse when I am sitting or standing still...like when I'm driving, sometimes I get this feeling like I will pass out.

I have had feeling of tightness in both hands. I had a lot of neck issues which have been being corrected by chiro..

Sorry I'm all over the place. Just trying to remember everything. I've been told by my family dr that it's anxiety. I've been seen by neurologist who has found nothing wrong with me neurologically. Twice. I have had MRI of both brain and cervical spine..both are clear. Bloodwork is all normal.

Currently, my issues are lightheaded and feeling off balance, right side from face to legs feel slightly off (weak and stiff) Feeling as if I will pass out if sitting or standing still.

Does this sound like it could be MS?

I have posted this in the ms forum and they do not feel it could be ms...I definitely think it's something neurological. Any thoughts?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...