Is this a pinched nerve or something more serious?
Last night I wore a very tight coat, as well as a backpack, and I held a container of food in my hand (with my elbow bent) for about thirty minutes while walking home.  The circulation in my arm felt like it was completely cut off, but I figured it was fine as long as I took my jacket off upon getting home.

Well, I felt fine at home but when I woke up in the morning, my pointer finger was very slightly tingly, and my entire arm still felt like there was poor circulation.  My boyfriend says it's probably just a pinched nerve from carrying the food like that all night, and my mom says the same thing.  But I'm very worried it could be MS.  I'm a notorious worrywart and I have OCD, so I don't want to go overboard, but it seems like tingling hands were the first sign for a lot of people with MS.  What other symptoms should I look for, and how worried should I be?  Do you think this is just a pinched nerve?
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms, though these are likely symptoms resulting from muscular fatigue and expected to settle in a few days. I would suggest taking plenty of fluids and avoiding heavy work with the arm for a few days. If the symptoms do not seem to resolve in 5-10 days, you may consider an evaluation by a primary care physician to look for other possibilities such as infections, inflammations, nerve impingement, muscular/ tendon injuries etc.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
My fingers have stopped tingling on and off and at this point it's almost entirely gone.  Now I'm noticing mild muscle fatigue all over, although everyone I know is telling me that it's just psychosomatic because I discovered what ALS is and started freaking out.  I was able to lift weights this morning so I may still be OK.

But yeah, the finger tingling is about 99% gone, so it may be nothing.  I notice it comes back a little bit whenever I twist that wrist.