Neurology Community
Is this a seizure?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Is this a seizure?

My daughter fell to the ground and shortly after had a convulsion of some sort. I grabbed for my camera....as this wasn't the first time she's done this, to catch it on tape....I was too late and started recording recovery instead. and she had something caught on tape....What is this?       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SMQzjMB0cE  I s it a seizure...psuedoseizure?  She has no memory of event and every time it happens...she loses cognition and motor skills. Her abilities have dramatically reduced. AND the worst thing she knows she's different.
Tags: Neurology, seizures, Headache, Pain, pseudoseizure, Anxiety
The best thing to do is to go to a seizure specialist and have him view the tape obtain a good history, and conduct an in-person evaluation. Find a hospital that specializes in seizure disorders.
Hi - I'm sorry about your daughter's fall!  I hope she's feeling better!

Because you may be dealing with a medical emergency here, we urge you to please call 911 or go to take your daughter to your nearest emergency room.  Although we have many knowledgeable members here, she needs to be thoroughly evaluated by a physician to determine the cause of her reaction to the fall.

Please let us know how she's doing!
Thank You! I am afraid that I am either not properly communicating my concerns or being to passive and there for Dr.s are not listning. we see a neurologist already but she is not concerned with even hearing me. She tells me not to talk" I am speaking to your daughter...I know its hard when they turn 18.but she can tell me..." I have told her that my daughter struggles finding words and sometimes don't understand, she is partially blind and has always needed things blown up larger print....yet dr tells her to read how to best describe pain etc....Like she forgets between visits who she is or whats wrong. She refuses to look at videos of seizures. What do I do?
NOT PUTTING THIS LIGHTLY, THAT DOCTOR NEEDS A SWIFT KICK IN HER A$$. NOW TO DISCUSS YOUR PROBLEMS, WHY ARE YOU STILL GOING TO SUCH A RUDE,INCONSIDERATE, CONDESCENDING PHYSICIAN? FIND ANOTHER ONE!!!!  GET REFERENCES FROM FRIENDS OR LOOK UP PHYSICIANS ON LINE AND READ OTHER PATIENTS'S REVIEWS ON HOW GOOD OR BAD THEY ARE. WRITE THE ONES THAT YOU ARE INTERESTED IN DOWN, WITH PHONE NUMBER SO YOU CAN CALL AND SEE IF THEY ACCEPT YOUR INSURANCE. NOW NO MORE WASTING TIME ON THE OLD DR. AND GET YOUR DAUGHTER SOME HELP. WHEN YOU GO TO YOUR FIRST APPT. EXPLAIN TO THE DOCTOR (BEFORE THEY EXAMINES YOUR DAUGHTER) THAT YOU NEED A DOCTOR WHO IS OPEN TO LISTENING
TO YOUR CONCERNS AND SEE WHAT THEY SAY. ALSO BEFORE YOU GO TO THE APPOINTMENT WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING YOU CAN THINK OF ABOUT WHAT YOUR DAUGHTER'S SYMPTOMS HAVE BEEN , WHAT TESTS SHE HAS HAD (IF ANY). MAKE A COPY OF IT. WHEN YOU ARE ABOUT TO LEAVE THE APPT, GIVE THEM A COPY OF THE LIST. I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU OUT. BEST WISHES AND GOOD LUCK.
Oh..thank you so much! I did make an apt for this Friday to new neurologist. I am just getting home from the third ER visit in past 5 days!

Dr. Finally did blood work Mon. Finding anemia with dangerously low levels along with high levels of ??Westergren (possibly because of anemia)
She had a seizure when I had gone to store and my son had called and kept him on the phone and he kept saying "mom it's bad...real bad. She is moving a lot and head is thrashing around...oh my god,...Lexi.  she just fell off the bed...Lexy, Lexy.its still bad mom where are you...Its happening again." My 5 yr old was screaming. AND my sons voice was trembling. I thought I should have him call 911 but my son needed my comforting voice and I was within 3 miles from home. AND I couldn't get home quick enough.
After being told for months... that she is having psuedoseizures and all test were normal and feeling as though we are trying to make something out of nothing. The ER said they found scar tissue throughout her brain from CT scan. WTH....why did the other dr. say it was normal. MAYBE it's not the actual cause....but maybe it is. They dosed her up with morphine and did labs and CT. Hopefully we will get some answers that will lead to solution for her when we see the NEW neurologist. Thanks for sending your thoughts and concerns our way. Wish us luck...A MOMS WORK IS NEVER DONE. I THINK IT WILL BE A LONG TIME BEFORE I GO ANYWHERE without either taking her with me or having hubby home. My kids terror was much more than I could bare I had no idea how much this has been affecting them. Which makes me feel worse...ugh. Thanks for listening!
Hey great news we have answers! Saw the new neurologist! Diagnosed her with Complex Partial seizures...Also said signs weren't apparent because of medicine taken for lifelong headaches. So now we can control these and move on
EEG....came back abnormal. Glad we don't have to wait for years like some ppl. Thanks for all your advice!