Is this low grade glioma or something else?
I’m a 33 year old male.  I’m concerned about a recent MRI report.  My Dr. called with the results and told me a spot was found on the MRI.  He told me it is not cancer and to just have a follow up MRI in 12 months to be sure of no change.  Should I be concerned (lg-glioma).  What can cause a spot?  Any information would be highly appreciated.

MRI of the Brain without Contrast
Technique: Multiplanar, multisequence MR imaging of the brain without contrast.
Findings:  The ventricles and sulci are midly prominent for the patient's age, suggesting mild diffuse cerebral volume loss.  There is a small focal area of abnormal increased T2 signal in the medial aspect of the anterior right temporal lobe.  There is no diffusion restriction in this area or anywhere else in the brain.  No susceptibility is seen to suggest blood or blood products.  On T1-weighted imaging, this small focus of abnormal signal is slightly hypointense.  This small lesion measures approximately 5 mm in diameter.  No other white matter or gray matter lesions are identified.  The orbits and optic chiasm are normal in appearance.  The basilar cisterns are patent.  Flow is seen in the intracranial vessels at the circle of Willis.  No extra-axial fluid collection is seen.  The cerebellopontine angles appear normal.  Mucous retention cysts are seen in the maxillary sinuses bilaterally and in the right aspect of the sphenoid sinus.  No air-fluid levels are identified.  The mastoid air cells and middle ear cavities are normal.

Impression:
Small focus of nonspecific abnormal increased T2 signal in the medial aspect of the right temporal lobe.  In the absence of symptoms associated with this region, a follow up study is recommended in 6-12 months to confirm stability, as a low grade glioma can have this appearance.  Alternatively, this could be an atypical presentation of a demyelinating process as this lesion is in the periventricular region.  No other white matter lesions are identified to support diagnosis.
They cannot tell...yet. So they want to wait and see if it white matter disease which can occur from high blood pressure on up to a lot of stuff - it is benign, but non-specific or if they can see in the next scan if the lesion stays stable in which case, then the doctor may order a biopsy etc.

I am a layman - but that is how I am reading it. It bites to wait...