Neurology Community
Is this mornal?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Is this mornal?

I've been having many symptoms and last night my left calf hurt really bad.  So I sat on the couch and put the heating pad on it.  Wow, I had to get up to go to the bathroom and it seems that heat made it worse.  Is this normal?  Doesn't heat usually make it feel better?  What is going on?

Thanks for all the help.
Avatar n tn
Hi, pain associated with chronic inflammation generally gets reduced by applying heat but neuropathic pain and acute inflammations get worsen.

Try ice compressions or start with low grade heat compressions. Too high temperature can also worsen the problem. Are you anemic or having some electrolyte imbalance? For calf pain try stretching exercises, massage, and vitamin E and B preparations. Pain killers  are at times needed for inflammatory pain.