Ischema & Cerebral Atrophy

My Mother aged 56yrs is having severe memory-loss and weight loss problem since 2yrs. Her blood tests turned out to be normal. MRI scan was done recently. The impressions read:

1) Moderate cerebral atrophy which appers non-specific.
2) Easy white matter ischemic changes.

Is this something serious? Is this causing her confusions,memory-loss,concentration problems.?

Recently my father got hospitalised with severe brain injury due to accident after which her memory has got worse than before. Plz explain me the above mentioned MRI report's two impression readings.

Thanks in advance,
Shwetha
I am 55 years old. I have had intermittent severe headache for over 30 years.Visit to my ophtalmologist because of  my recent poor vision (blurred as if I have been gazing directly into the sun ) led to the discovery that my eye pressure is 25/26. and that my optic nerves are "unhealthy"  especially in the left eye. An MRI showed i had"mild diffuse atrophy".
I have been sent to a neurologist because in addition to this, I complained of mental confusion and  difficulty in performing simple tasks/planning. I am also extremely forgetful which for years had been put down to carelessness and has caused a lot of emotional and mental stress for me.
How can my condition be helped as my sight seems to be getting worse and i live under much stress especially due to my cloudy poor vision?
Thank You
NK3855
                                     Mild Difuse Cerebral Atrophy
I am 55 years old. I have had intermittent severe headache for over 30 years.Visit to my ophtalmologist because of  my recent poor vision (blurred as if I have been gazing directly into the sun ) led to the discovery that my eye pressure is 25/26. and that my optic nerves are "unhealthy"  especially in the left eye. An MRI showed i had"mild diffuse cerebral atrophy".
Thank You
NK3855