Neurology Community
Isometric Tremor Cause

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Isometric Tremor Cause

I recently concluded that my tremor is an Isometric tremor and occurs whenever I tense any muscle in the body and is most notably seen whenever I make a fist.  I have been seeing a neurologist and I have yet to be diagnosed.  I also experience muscle spasms all over body, cracking all over body most notably in neck, numbness in hands/legs when lying down or sleeping which goes away after movement.  Occasional light headed feeling, occasional pain throughout body, and just a general feeling of being unwell.  This all started 6 months ago after an episode after leaving the gym and got into my car on a hot summer day and all of the sudden it was like a shock to my system I got out layed down on the grass and vomited.  These have been the residual symptoms since that episode.  I have seen numerous internists, 3 nuerologists including the recent one I have stayed with and no result thus far.  Tests: Two MRI's of brain with and without contrast 3-t Machine, one C spine MRI without contrast, EMG and nerve conduction test, Heart echo, 24 h monitor, multiple ear nose and throat tests that only concluded a sinus infection at the time of the initial issue at the gym, EKG, EEG, Ultrasound of artery in neck, all the reflex tests that the Neuros typically do and various bloodwork for Lupus, thyroid, magnesium, ect.

Any ideas what the cause of Isometic tremors typically is?

bump
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your medical problems.  Since it first started after exercise and heat, the following should be looked into first: electrolyte imbalance (calcium, sodium, potassium, phosphates, magnesium); kidney function; adrenal gland dysfunction; and dehydration.
Since a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given on net please consult your doctor regarding this. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
have you figured out what it is, sounds like what my son has and he also has addisons disease if you havent yet check out your adrenal glands. Im interested in how your doing please update, thanks