Neurology Community
It's all in my head....

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

It's all in my head....

or at least that's what they tell me. Sorry in advance for the long post, I am in need of some outside the box thinking. In the middle of October when we moved into a new house I started experiencing some very peculiar symptoms. I would get these light headed dizzy spells, among the symtoms (symptoms) are blurry vision, ringing ears, foggy headed, neasuea, lack of appetite, senstivity to light, severe anxiety and panic of a non organic cause, neck and shoulder pain.

I have had a full blood work up, abdominal CT scan, pelvic CT scan, chest xrays, brain MRI, inner ear MRI, neck MRI, thyroid checked all marked as normal.

The ENT put me on Meclazine which seemed to resolve almost all symtoms (symptoms). The neurologist Friday told me I had to stop taking the Meclazine because the MRI's were normal, but the symptoms are so bad I can barely function.

I need help I don't know what is going on and I have seen every doctor under the sun. The only change in my life since the symtoms (symptoms) started was that we moved. I do have the Herpes virus (genital) , not sure if that has any relavance but wanted to add all details. Any thoughts please pass along. I have two children and work full time and cant continue to feel this way.

Virus, Inner ear, Mold in house somewhere, Herpes, could the MRIs have missed something?
Tags: inner ear, dizzy, light headedeaded, ringing ears
The stress of moving could be the cause.  Stress can be a cause of magnesium deficiency as stressful conditions require more magnesium use by the body.  All of your symptoms are listed under magnesium deficiency at any rate.

I would recommend magnesium supplements to see how you go (if you have any kidney problems check with your doctor). Well absorbed forms of magnesium include citrate, taurate, glycinate. Magnesium oxide is poorly absorbed with one study showing only 4% absorption.

Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

It could be due to postural hypotension, were in upon standing blood pooling occurs in the legs and the brain is deprived of adequate blood supply and oxygenation.  This is more common in the elderly and in people with diabetes mellitus. Inadequate sleep can also cause tiredness, fatigue and dizziness.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.

I started Magnesium two days ago. I am very hopeful, we will see. Do you know how long it takes for it to take effect? I am really wondering if mold in this home is making me sick, we cant see any mold but I have only been sick since we moved.
I noted some of my symptoms improve in a week but it took 3 months for all my symptoms to go away (i had severe magnesium deficiency however). Someone i know became sick after moving and the cause was old copper pipes which were causing excess copper to leak into the water.  Hope you find out the cause soon.