Neurology Expert Forum
Jaw pain
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Jaw pain

I have not been diagnosed with MS yet, but at least one doctor thinks I do have it. I do have several lesions on my MRI.  My lp is normal.  I've experienced numbness and tingling in my left leg and vertigo among other symptoms.
  For about 9 months, off and on, I have been having jaw pain which is really more like a tightness especially on the left side.  Most of the symptoms I've been having are also occuring on my left side.  My jaw can tense up and there is no way I can relax it.  It can get to the point where it makes my whole head hurt and I want to scream.  I've also had a stiff neck off and on (mostly on of late) for about 8  years.  This can also make my whole head hurt and lately has begun creeping down my spine.  I read in a previous post that a neurologist can tell if this is due to spasticity.  Does it sound possible that this may be a symptom of MS?