Knee is numb after fall
This past weekend I fell while riding a motorcycle. My knee was hit, but it didn't feel very serious at all as I am able to walk fine with very minor pain. There is little swelling and a few scratches because I was wearing jeans during the fall.

My knee however is numb. I've applied ice for the past two days but hasn't seen any improvement. There is no pain in walking or anything, but if my knee was touching something and movement against it will cause an extreme burning sensation feeling. For example when laying on my upside down and using my knees to get up, it will cause this pain.

Thanks in advance for any advise.
Hi, Thank you for your question. Burning sensation, numbness or tingling sensation in any part of body is considered nerve related in origin. This burning sensation you are having can occur due to impingement, irritation or compression of nerve at knee. Most frequently involved nerve is lateral cutaneous nerve of thigh (which is branch of femoral nerve). This condition is called meralgia paraesthetica which manifests itself as pain, tingling or burning sensation of outer thigh. It may occur due to injury to nerve either due to spinal deformity or along its path to thigh by any ligament or tendon stretch, excessive tight clothing (therefore it is also called "jeans disease"), diabetic neuropathy or damage to nerve after surgery etc. Another nerve which may cause pain in legs is sciatic nerve compression. I would advise a CT scan of spine and thigh, blood sugar levels, and EMG to check out abnormal muscle responses.  Once the diagnosis is reached then treatment modalities available are strict rest, loose clothing, painkillers (NSAIDS and opioid), pain modifier medicines like carbamazepine may also be prescribed by the doctor. Therefore a neurologist’s consultation may help you in this regard.  Hope this information proves helpful to you. Take care.