Knees Falling asleep??????
I frequently wake during the night with my knees asleep and numb. I tried googling this and have come up with nothing. It has been happening for about a year now. It is not my whole leg JUST the knee area. Sometimes it is both knees sometimes it is just one. If it was from the knee down to my foot I would just assume it is the circulation being cut off from the way my leg was positioned. I also sleep with a pillow between my knees to reduce this and it does not seem to make a difference.
Hello and welcome to the medhelp forum. I can understand your health related anxiety.  There could be various causes for this knee numbness including localized and systemic. Check with an orthopaedician to rule out kneecap dislocation, inflammation of the overlying bursa or attached tendon heads, any strains or sprains. Bursitis is usually triggered by trauma, overuse, gout or rheumatoid arthiritis. After a complete local examination, you will need assessment by a physician for autoimmune disorders like lupus particularly if you have fatigue, pain and swollen joints. The management would depend on the diagnosis. Wishing you all the best.