Neurology Community
L3 L4 L5 bulged Can it cause Urinary problems

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Im a 22 y/o Male...In decent shape...I lift heavy stuff quite often at my work.  One morning I woke up..and my Leg was in pain and had numbness in my foot.  A week or two later...I had discomfort in my penis.  Groin area was numb when laying down...  Not a severe pain just a something doesn't feel right towards the tip like the Urethra is enflammed.  UTI tests were negative.  I know its not a STD...  I let it go for a while but my leg got worse...So I went to a doctor, and they wanted a CT scan done because I had lost reflexes.  They told me I had Bulged discs in between L2 and L3, L3 and L4, L5 and L6...and my prostate seemed to be enlarged a little.  So....I went to a Urologist...he checked my bladder saw it was emptying fine.  Then told me he was pretty sure all my problems are being caused by, my Back.  That it should go away when my back problems go away. That there was no way My prostate was enlarged at my age.  It has been 2 months now...and nothing has really improved it is tolerable.  Ive been taking Ibuprofen 400mgs twice a day...and Icing it at night..  I can deal with my leg problems the rest of my life, I just want to make sure that my back problems can cause my Urinary Problems...and It is not something serious and it will go away.

thanks
I would recommend following up with a Neurologist.  Yes, lumbar disk problems can cause urinary problems; you have several disks involved.  

Yes, it is possible at your age to have a prostate enlarged secondary to inflammation related to an infection, but that is not the problem in your case.  
Hi, Thank you very much for your question; although it is quite hard for me to give you a precise opinion here without being able to examine you, but I would try to provide you some relevant information about your health concern. In slipped disc or disc prolapse at lumbar region, symptoms may originate due to nerve root pressure, pressure on the spinal cord and pressure on the tail bone. Common symptoms could be paralysis of muscles, pain radiating to the arms or legs, leg pain and numbness, tingling, or weakness. Warning symptoms can include loss of control of the bladder function, paralysis & spasticity of both the legs. Since you are suffering continuous weakness and notice reduced strength of muscle bulk in left leg, please arrange an appointment with a neurologist right away. Further referral to a physiotherapist for spinal exercises could be beneficial and may produce relief of symptoms. Hope this helps. Take Care & Stay Healthy!!!