Neurology Expert Forum
L4/L5 Disc Herniation
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

L4/L5 Disc Herniation

Re: Re: L4/L5 Disc Herniation

[Search][ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Neurology and Neurosurgery Forum ] [ Archive/FAQ ]

Posted by CCF MD GS on October 31, 1998 at 14:23:33:

In Reply to: Re: L4/L5 Disc Herniation posted by Liz on October 21, 1998 at 17:09:57:

: Jodi, I sympathize!! I had my problems at 35, but feel for you in the "quality of life" issue.    I have read a lot of stuff and have had two surgeries myself (luckily no fusions as of yet!)  I am still having problems with my L5-S1 herniation and nerve compression. The surgery wasn't too bad for me and the situation did clear up to certainly bearable after about 2 years of healing and various med strategies.  However, I am now back into pain and numbness et. al in my leg.  If I were you, I would see aobut coming stateside and getting a second opinion.  If there is one thing I learned after surgery #1 is get a second opinion.  There are lots of "back sites" on the net too. My thoughts and best wishes are with you!
===============================================================================================
See answer posted above to later question