Neurology Community
LACK OF OXYGEN TO BRAIN????

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

LACK OF OXYGEN TO BRAIN????

HI, MY SON WHO IS NOW 27 MONTHS WAS TAKEN TO THE ER AT 2 MOS OF AGE DUE TO FEVER...WHILE IN THE ER THE DOCTOR WANTED TO DO A LUMBAR PUNCTURE TO RULE OUT MENINGITIS..DURING THE PROCEDURE THE NURSE THAT WAS HOLDING HIM (FETAL POSITION) HAD HIM TOO TIGHT TO WHERE SHE CUT OFF HIS BREATHING. I KEPT TELLING THEM THAT MY SON WAS NOT BREATHING AND THAT THE COLOR TO HIS BACK WAS CHANGING..I COULD NOT SEE HIS FACE BECAUSE IT WAS TUCKED ALL THE WAY DOWN..WELL TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT...HE WAS WITHOUT OXYGEN THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE PROCEDUR..APPROX:5-6 MINUTES IF NOT MORE...FINALLY WHEN THE LP WAS FINSHED SHE ROLLED HIM BACK AND MY SON WAS BLUE AND COLD AND LIKE DEAD!!! HE WAS NOT BREATHING WHATSOEVER!!! THE NURSE THEN GOT WORRIED AND CALLED OUT SOME CODE AND ABOUT 10 DOCTORS AND NURSES RAN IN THE ROOM AND STARTED TO RESUCUTATE HIM...FINALLY ABOUT 2-3 MINUTES AFTER THEY STARTED WORKING ON HIM..HE FINALLY STARTED GASPING FOR AIR...HE WAS IN THE ICU FOR 24 HRS AND WAS HOSPITALIZED 1 WEEK...NOW MY SON IS 27 MONTHS AND IS VERY DELAYED...AS IN SITTING, CRAWLING, WALKING..RIGHT NOW MY SON DOES NOT SAY A WORD OR SOUND...COULD THIS BE BECAUSE OF ALL THE TIME HIS LITTLE BRAIN WAS WITHOUT OXYGEN??CURRENTLY HE HAS PT,OT AND ST.BUT I AM JUST WORRIED THAT HE IS STILL GONNA HAVE PROBLEMS THROGHOUT HIS LIFE...WELL THANKS AND HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!!