LEG COLLAPSE
had back surgery to relieve pressure on sciatic nerve. It was successfull, but still had burning and back pain.  Neurologist/pain specialist gave me shots to alleviate pain, but shot for burning did not help.  Neurontin and lyrica help some.

Yesterday my legs collapsed and I fell.  Could barely pull myself up after and could not walk.  Was OK after lying down for a few minutes.  Told neurologist and he is ordering an MRI.

I have confidence in neourologist to handle this; but, until I see him, I'm interested in some idea as to what it might be and what to expect
Hello.

There is a possibility that the surgery was not successful in relieving the pressure off the sciatic nerve. The condition has recurred and this time the pressure effect has compressed some important nerves.

The MRI will certainly help locate the cause. The neurologist may also order for nerve conduction study.

Regards