Neurology Expert Forum
L.S.Spine

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

L.S.Spine

Sir

This is MRI report of L.S.Spine

There is evidence of significant end plate irregularity and signal alteration at L5/S1 level showing hyper intense signal both on T1 and T2 suggestive of modic type II degenerative changes.

There is evidence of disc dessication (desiccation) and right postero lateral herniation at L5/S1 level causing significant compression to the thecal sac and right sided S1 traversing nerve roots.

There is also mild thickening of ligamentum flavum at the lower lumber level , which is further , reduces the thecal diameter.

Disc dessication (desiccation) and poster central bulge is also noted at L4/5 level indenting the thecal sac without any significant thecal sac or foraminal compromise.

And i have problem in right leg i havnt walk morthen 5 min or not stand for 5 min i have much pain in my leg my doctor sujjest to operation and i am 33 year old if i did the opearion what changes have in my normal life please advise me .

Regards,

Noor Islam
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Sounds like your have significant symptoms that warrant some sort of intervention. Unfortunately I'm not a neurosurgeon so I will not be able to help you much in deciding which managemnt route is better for you. But I can advice to talk to a spine specialist about the different options you have in terms of surgical procedures vs. conservative management (rest, medications, exercises...etc) and the potential outcome of both options. make sure you learn about the potential risks of the surgery and the chance of success in controlling the symptoms and also the chance of future recurrence of the current problems.

Good luck.
You definately sound like a prime candidate for surgery to alleviate pain and improve mobility.  Please be sure to ask your surgeon what type of surgery he'll be doing.  Fusion is no longer preferred for herniated discs.  It tends to cause an adjoining disc to herniated later on.  Be sure to ask about minimally invasive surgery to remove the disc.  If your surgeon does not perform these, you should get a referral to one that does.  These types of surgeries can be done most of the time on an outpatient basis now, which results is shorter recovery time.  Wishing you a full and fast recovery!
Someone, please tell me the difference between chemo neuropathy and small fiber neuropathy