LYRICA THE RARE SIDE EFFECTS
May I ask if Lyrica can cause weight LOSS through making one 'feel' so good they can conquer all and set out to do just that.  Over time, losing weight through going like a bee all day long.  Feeling of elation I guess I would call it. Can Lyrica cause enlarged spleen and does enlarged spleen bulge when eating.  I was put on Lyrica for Neuropathies, coincidentally, when all my gastric issues began. Bowel change, Mucous, fast heart rate when eating causing me to fall asleep suddenly, and lately a bulge in my left side, WAY worse when eating. See my post under Digestive Disorders and Gastroenterology.  I guess I am grasping at straws now.  Thanks.  :)
Hi there!

Lyrica does not commonly cause the mentioned side effects, though very rarely issues like pancreatitis, rhabdomyolysis may be associated. I would suggest consulting a gastroenterologist for a possible evaluation of the symptoms and suggestion of an appropriate management plan.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
I have been hit with a double whammy!  I was taking Lyrica and while in the hospital for cellulitis due to Lymphedema, I developed a severe rash extreme pain on sole of left foot, disorientation causing fall to concrete, etc.  The Lyrica was stopped abruptly.  I was placed on Levaquin for the Cellulitis.  The rash seemed to subside after two days.  Then it came back worse than before!  I was released from hospital a few days later.  After about a week at home, I noticed a 'piece of leather' protruding from my sandal.  I gave it a yank and realized it was attached to the bottom of my left foot!  It did give way and I observed that it was like a blood blister affected skin covering cover most of the area from my heel to beyond my mid sole.  I believe that the manufacturer of the medications, hospital and some doctors acted recklessly and inappropriately by prescribing one drug that obviously was giving me STEVENS JOHNSON SYNDROME with an antibiotic that seemed to be doing the same thing.  I would appreciate any thoughts you may have.  THANK YOU!  Tom