Neurology Expert Forum
Lack of focus in vision, balance problems and neck pain.

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

To the Doctor.
Two years ago I began having symtomps beggining with blurred/weird vision esp. in the right eye, neck pain, unsteadiness, concentration difficulties, and extreme fatique which continued non-stop for about 3 months. I lost 7 kg in a week and I had too much nausea to eat anything. I took an MRI with contrast at the time showing a small lesion in the right occipital lobe. Neuro  said I probably have it from birth and could not trigger these symtomps. I also checked T3 and T4 levels for Thyroid but they were normal.
Five months ago again I had sudden blurred/double vision/halos around lights in both eyes which lessen after about 1 hour. Afterwords I had neck pain, unsteadiness, concentration difficulties, and extreme fatique. I still have the same symtomps today, day in and out. My sleep is good, but I don't feel refreshed in the morning. As my day goes by, I get even more tirred. I cannot hold my balance well so now I can only wear sport shoes. I also feel pressure in the nose as the neck pain intensifies. Lately my arms and legs are weak too and sometimes my right arm hurts all over. I stopped exercising (used to do dance aerobics but stopped because I couldn't keep my balance) so I gained weight now.
First of all, keep in mind that I am unable to diagnose you because I am unable to examine you, this forum is for educational purposes.
   The concerning part of the story is the weight loss, nausea and pain that you described in the begining, which is a story concerning for a brain tumor.  However, if your MRI is truly negative, then I suspect you are dealing with a varient of migraine headaches (I would suggest a repeat MRI in 6 months with contrast).  Migraines (does not have to have the 'typical' headache (headpain) associated with it) and can be seen with all the feature you describe.  Blurred/ halo vision is often seen in migraine auras and the loss of balance and confusion is also common.  Many times the neck can be the source of the migraines and often requires physical therapy.   I would recommend that you start a migraine preventative medication such as zanaflex, elavil, topamax, etc. and assess its affect on your symptoms after 2-3 weeks.  
I hope this has been helpful.
Could it be MS or Chiari malformation? Just a thought.
I have not had your MRI findings myself, but I have experienced an off balance feeling accompanied by focus issues and other symptoms you mentioned.  It is always possible that you have an irritated or slipped neck disk which could make your neck hurt and also make your head feel off-kilter so-to-speak.  I'm not saying it's one thing or the other, just throwing it out there.
Dear
Update:
- after checking more the first MRI it is clear the lesion was in the right temporal lobe. I also took a new MRI last week and it showed the lesion, still there, 1 cm long, in the right temporal lobe. The lesion does not charge with contrast , so neuro rulled out a brain tumor. And because it is only one. MS has also been ruled out. Does anyone know what the nature of this lesion could be? Are my symtomps in any way related to it?