Lack of oxygen to the brain
hi i'm dave, i have see below, my symptoms of reduced oxygen in the brain, poor memory etc. I understand the oxygen travels around the body with the blood, through the brain back to the heart in a ? circle. as my heart cannot send the blood and oxygen to its organs correctly will it have an affect on my brain? i was told the brain cells die if a lack of oxygen,but recently told this will inprove? does my lack of memory/oxygen to the brain meen i need to request an appointment with a specialist or is it due to ?autism
1)dilated cardiomyopathy - enlarged and weakened heart, damaged left ventricle.
2)a hole
3)2 heart beats (arythmia)
4)history of collapsed lungs
5)autism
Hello Dear,
You need to consult a cardiologist and go in for complete cardiological investigations to find the cause leading to the lack of oxygen supply to the brain. The severity of cerebral ischemia, caused by arterial obstruction, and the duration of blood-flow loss in the brain determine the extent of brain damage. There could be temporary dysfunction of the neurons or there may be irreversible damage to nerve cells sensitive to minute changes in oxygen levels. Cerebral infarction  can cause severe damage to extensive areasof brain..
Refer http://www.answers.com/topic/hypoxia for more info.
Best

I had a minor stroke about a week ago.  I'm now having trouble sleeping at night.  I wake up gasping for air. Is this a normal symptom of a stroke?