Lacunar infarcts
My husband had two MRI's recently and was told it was "negative." However, it does not read as negative to me. It mentions lacunar infarcts in right cerebellar lobe and  loss of normal flow void within the distal left vertebral artery and minimal white matter disease likely due to chronic small vessel ischemic disease.

I have been pushing for a referral to a neurologist, but feel that I must fight the GP for every little thing, including the MRI's, which I paid for outside the medical system.

Are these findings actually "negative" or am is my concern warranted? I believe he may have has some small strokes. Please help.
Hi there. I understand your concerns regarding your husband’s health. Small vessel disease involves the smaller arteries in brain including branches of circle of willis, middle cerebral artery, stem, arteries arising from distal vertebral and basilar artery. diseases that may form thrombi in small vessels includes lipohyalinosis or fatty hyaline build up in blood vessels due to hypertension and aging and fibrinoid degeneration and strokes involving these vessels are the lacunar infarcts. Minimal white matter disease could be due to chronic demyelinating diseases like multiple sclerosis. Request your GP to write a referral for the neurologist since these needs to be investigated and correlated with clinical findings. Hope this helps.