Neurology Community
Lateral Ventricular Asymmetry- PLEASE HELP :-(

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Ok so im 22 years of age, and in good health as far as i know! I had a CT scan of the head 2 months ago after having constant dizziness and pains/burning in head and blurry 'offish' vision. Also regular panic attacks. The CT came back normal, but the neurologist noted 'Lateral Ventricular Asymmetry, No Visible Cause'. The doctor said to me that this is common and is something I was obviously born with and have always had asymmetric lateral ventricle. I was over the moon and my symptoms pretty much cleared up, apart from the offish vision troubles. I have since been diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and take Citalopram 20mg for it which helps, but i still get quite a few symptoms. I have to see a ENT specialist in June due to intermittent hearing loss in right ear with balance problems sometimes also. If hearing loss is still off then they are going to send me for an MRI. I stupidly have been googling this morning and im now terrified i have MS.... something a CT wouldnt show!!? Im so scared now :-(

I get numbness in parts of my body too which is random but i know this can be down to anxiety.. its difficult because even when i dont feel anxious im constantly getting physical symptoms.. i twitch all the time too, like my leg will jerk or my finger will jerk... that isnt normal is it!!! :-(

I constantly feel like i need to stretch my muscles... its awful... !!! I just need someone to reassure me about the Lateral Ventricular Asymmetry... Ive been googling and it can be seen in people with certain diseases/disorders... Im a complete mess now, im only 22 and have an 18month old son with my whole life ahead of me....

PS. I only started getting symptoms after having a huge panic attack after stupidly taking loads of cocaine...ive been assured that the cocaine coudnt have damaged my brain (unless i abused it regularly which i never did,  only ever taken it about 8 times in my life with months in between) But they have toldme the cocaine probably triggered my anxiety disorder which ive accepted, i can live with that...its just assymetry im worried about......... it says all over the internet that this should be thoroughly investigated but they just sent me on my way ( i think as there was no other 'abnormalities')

Pleae help :-( I cant focus or do anything as im so worried :-(
please.....anyone? please help :-(
Hey,

I bumped into your post while looking for more information on lateral ventricle asymmetry (my nephew was born with a 1 mm asymmetry that was detected, but its nothing serious) and i thought i should let you know that all that you're feeling is anxiety!

I just graduated med school so am no specialist but trust me i know alot that are specialists and neurologists and the conclusion that i got is that an asymmetry of the ventricles is quite common and should just be followed up just in case. What they usually look for are signs of structural abnormalities that affect the CSF flow, among others. If non are found then its considered physiological, not pathalogical and they send you on your way.

If you have anxiety about the possibility of having MS, then feel free to visit a neurologist so that he'll put you at ease. The internet is a source of a wealth of information that can put the fear of God in a person! Trust me I know having suffered from a severe med student syndrome!

wishing you health and all the best!

My CT scan results say that I have slight assymetry & the right ventricle is slightly more prominent then the left.
I'm so scared.... I'm going for an MRI next week :(
Did you ever find out more about yours.
I have been HA ing persistent dizziness for a year which after having lots of tests was always put down to anxiety. Now I'm terrified after getting these CT scan results.