Left Arm pain
I am 27 years old female and have been experiencing left arm pain for 4 years now, no history or injury. The pain started in 2003 when I was a secretary, and felt like a throbbing pain along my forearm tendon. I went to see the Dr. and he told me it was not carpel tunnel, but had not other explanation for it. Over, the next few years, that pain would come and go. If I massaged the tendon the pain could be excruciating, but seemed to relieve the pain for awhile. Over, the last 6 months the pain has gotten worse, more frequent, and now seems to be originating from bone rather than tendon. I now experience throbbing pain from my left shoulder, left elbow, and left wrist (thumb side). I usually sleep with my arm elevated to relieve the pain, or leave it limp to the side.
I am not sure if this has anything to do with arm pain, but at the age of 12 I was diagnosed with Type 1 Chiari Malformation. I did not know if this could cause arm pain.
Does anyone have any ideas or tests that I should ask for when I go see a physician?

Side note: I have been experiencing pain over the last couple years about 1 every 3 months that stops me in my tracks for a few seconds. The pain is usually experienced on both sides and in my chest and then goes away. Any ideas?