Left arm feels 'strange'
Hi all,

I have noticed that my left arm feels 'strange'...I dont know exactly how to describe it, but it starts in the shoulder and seems to travel down to my fingers.  It makes typing kinda feel difficult now, but not impossible.  I've seen my pinky finger and next one over twitch and sort of like not be able to hit the keys right.  

My fear is this early ALS, or some other other neuro issue??  Or is this what a pinched nerve feels like?  

thanks in advance
Hi, Thank you for your question. I think your symptoms may be due to nerve irritation in the cervical (neck) spine because of either cervical disc bulge/injury or cervical spondylosis. This pain may be referred and perceived as occurring in the back of head & shoulders (as electric sensation)- LHERMITTES SIGN, arms or chest, rather than just the neck. Other symptoms may include vertigo, nausea (dizziness) and stiffness. It will be best that you consult a neurologist who would like to prescribe Pain killers, steroid and muscle relaxants. Other treatments could be cervical orthosis such as a soft cervical collar or stiffer neck brace to restrict neck movement till you get complete recovery. In addition, cervical traction may also be suggested by the doctor, if condition is severe. Hope this helps.