Neurology Community
Left leg, foot and groin numbness

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Left leg, foot and groin numbness

I'm a 45 yr old female. This month has been a very stressful one, with the heaviest of it occuring last Friday and throught that weekend. I've suffered some signs of depressing for the past several days, but Monday I noticed that I had decreased sensation in the left side of my left foot. I first noticed this around noon when I took my lunch break at work. I assumed my foot had fallen asleep because I had been sitting on it off and on that morning. When I got home at around 5:30 Monday evening it still felt the same way and I noticed a similar decrease of sensation in my groin when I changed from office attire to casual, loose fitting clothes. I've tried straightening and elevating my leg so it's resting horizontally, excercise and movement, and over the counter aspirin and ibuprofen with no relief or change. Wednesday I noticed when I walked around, a dull ache developed in my upper left thigh that went away if I sat down again, and today a similar ache staring above my left hip on my lower back that radiates down my thigh. That is all the true pain I've experienced with this, though I suspect I have a pinched nerve in an unusual location. I'd be happy to give further detail via e-mail if needed. Thanks in advance.