Neurology Expert Forum
Left palm

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Left palm

Hello, for about month and half my left shoulder as been hurting and aching.  Now for the last 2 weeks the aching has migrated down to my elbow and forarm and wrist and hand. Also my palm has been twiching as well?  Everytime i grab or pick something up it twiches and goes away...and my left palm is swollen compared to my right palm?  I have now weakness or stiffness in my hand, but i am worried......can you give me some advice?  Thanks
Without asking you questions and examining you I cannot make a diagnosis. I would recommend discussing this with your primary care doctor, and perhaps seeing a neurologist. This could represent a problem in your neck, such as pinched nerves, and could be evaluated with a MRI of the neck. Your examination would help to differentiate other possibilities. Good luck.
Hello, I just posted a comment and I had spelling error..I meant to say I have no weakness or stiffness in my hand....
Please read........  Thank you
Please read........  Thank you
please read.......... Thank you
I WAS JUST WONDERING WHY ALS IS SO HARD TO DIAGNOSE !!! I HAVE BEEN SEEN BY 3 SKILLED NUROLOGISTS(SIC)! THE FIRST STATED IHAD PARKINSONS ! I COULDNT ACCEPT THAT. SO I SOUGHT A 2ND OPINION FROM A DR, I AM STILL GOING TO. HE THOUGHT IT MIGHY BE MYASENTIA GRAVIS !!! HE ALSO THOUGHT IT COULD BE ALS SO HE SENT ME TO A THIRD DR. AT OHIO STATE WHO SAID I WAS A "SUSPECT" FOR ALS BUT HE EITHER COULD NOT OR WOULD NOT GIVE ME A DEFINATE DIAGONOSI8!  I KNOW THAT I HAVE SEVERAL SPELLING ERRORS IN MY LITTLE MISSIVE BUT FRANKLY I DONT CARE!!!! I AM SO SICK AND TIRED OF ALL THIS **** I AM READY TO ACCEPT ANY DIAGNOSIS !!! JUST SO I KNOW!!!!!!!I PRESENT THE FOLLOWING SYMPTOMS---- A BAD BACK THAT RATES ABOUT A 7  ON THE 1 TO 10 SCALE ! I HAVE DIFFICULTY RISING FROM A SITTING POSISITION AND SOME DIFFICULTY   WALKING . I ALSO HAVE A SLIGHT TREMORE IN MY RIGHT HAND BUT MUCH OF THIS COULD BE CAUSED BY THE  SIMPLE PROCESS OF AGING!! I COULD LIVE ANOTHER 20 YEARS WITH THOSE PROBLEMS AND BE HAPPY !!I AM 67 YEARS OLD . THERE IS JUST ONE THING THAT WORRIES ME AND "  THAT IS MY EFFECTIVE LOSS OF SPEECH!!! I TALK LIKE A 80 YEAR OLD MAN, WHO HAS HAD A BAD STROKE!!  MY SPEECH IS QUITE STRAINED  AND ROBOTIC!!! IT IS ALMOST NORMAL IN THE MORNING AND GETS PROGRESSIVELY WORSE UNTIL MID-AFTERNOON  WHERE SPEECH IS ROBOTIC AND QUITE DIFFICULT FOR PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND ME ! ANY THERORIES,COMMENTS OR ADVICE OUT THERE???  ANYONE------- PLEASE!!!!!!!   THANKS, WESTY