Neurology Community
Left rear head pains

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Left rear head pains

Not sure if this is related but I've been having shooting pains in the left rear side of my head since my accident where I hit my head and got 5 contusions on the upper right side of my brain. The impact was on the opposite side. (left rear). The pains come and go very irregularly. I can't figure out if it is connected with my injury. The pain when it happens comes quick, stays for a couple minutes then goes away. A few times it has dropped me to my knees. Other times it only makes me wince.
Thanks.
Tags: tbi
Personally, if any head pain dropped me to my knees, it would be the day I went to the ER, asking for a CT scan. There are many things to be considered about, and it might do you some good to get an MRI as well. Our brains are changing all the time, and doctors make mistakes by putting things off, because many assume it's due from a past injury such as your case. Be safe and I'm hoping you won't let it happen again without getting to the hospital.

Best of luck to you!