Neurology Community
Left shoulder pain and left arm tingling

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Dear Doctor.   For the last several weeks I have experienced a strange kind of pain or ache in my left shoulder,  shoulder blade and into the back part of my left arm,  accompanied by a tingling sensation the entire length of my arm and into my hand.   The pain isn't a sharp or shooting pain really,  it's more like how your arm would feel if you carried around a weight for awhile.  My arm is not weak nor does it feel heavy,  just that strange ache and the tingling.

I gave myself a "self examination" for any lumps or differences between the left and right arm and armpit area  but didn't feel anything different between the two.  

I recently had a cervical X-ray (for a different reason)  and the results only said "degenerative changes,  which my doctor suggested was from getting older.  (I'm 50 years old)   I am on medications:  Nexium,  Lexapro, Lipitor and Exforge.   I don't see any of them causing this, but I'm not a doctor.

It seems like a pinched nerve or something but again, I'm not a doctor.   The nagging ache and tingling is really getting annoying.  I don't seem to get any relief with my arm in different positions except perhaps laying down on my left side with my arm extended under the pillow that my head is on.    I've always heard that tingling or numbness in the left arm could be a stroke or even heart attack,  but I rule them out because this is all the time, not just once in awhile.   I thought about seeing a chiropractor for an adjustment.  What do you think about that idea?

Your thoughts and thank you,

Donald
Hi Donald!  I did a search on google for the exact symptoms you had and came up with your post above.

I have the exact symptoms.  

I am wondering if you ever solved your problem.  

My worst time is in the morning when I wake up - my arms & shoulders hurt and I also feel the pain as I put on my winter coat.  Thanks....  ***@****
As you can see my post is very old.  I never got any replies to it, however my symptoms went away after several visits to a Chiropractor.  I believe it is caused by being overweight and the way I sleep on my left arm.  

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Donald