Neurology Community
Left shoulder pain and left arm tingling
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Left shoulder pain and left arm tingling

Dear Doctor.   For the last several weeks I have experienced a strange kind of pain or ache in my left shoulder,  shoulder blade and into the back part of my left arm,  accompanied by a tingling sensation the entire length of my arm and into my hand.   The pain isn't a sharp or shooting pain really,  it's more like how your arm would feel if you carried around a weight for awhile.  My arm is not weak nor does it feel heavy,  just that strange ache and the tingling.

I gave myself a "self examination" for any lumps or differences between the left and right arm and armpit area  but didn't feel anything different between the two.  

I recently had a cervical X-ray (for a different reason)  and the results only said "degenerative changes,  which my doctor suggested was from getting older.  (I'm 50 years old)   I am on medications:  Nexium,  Lexapro, Lipitor and Exforge.   I don't see any of them causing this, but I'm not a doctor.

It seems like a pinched nerve or something but again, I'm not a doctor.   The nagging ache and tingling is really getting annoying.  I don't seem to get any relief with my arm in different positions except perhaps laying down on my left side with my arm extended under the pillow that my head is on.    I've always heard that tingling or numbness in the left arm could be a stroke or even heart attack,  but I rule them out because this is all the time, not just once in awhile.   I thought about seeing a chiropractor for an adjustment.  What do you think about that idea?

Your thoughts and thank you,

Donald