Neurology Community
Left side torso twitching/spasms
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Left side torso twitching/spasms

Hello,

My name is jannette.

I have a question regarding something that is just getting worse (Completely no control) for my husband (30 y/o)

He gets these weird twitches/spasms in his torso. Its hard to describe but ill do my best.  He can be sitting or standing and out of no where his torso twitches which makes his left shoulder move forward. When he gets these twiches which now are very often, he complains that as they occur he feels SOB.  Almost all the time, he is unware that he is having a twitch/spasm.  The only thing that makes him aware is when he feels SOB.  Also,  he feels the need to have to stretch that area because after the  spasms he says the area feels tight not allowing him to take a deep breath.

He mentioned this to his doctor but he states that its probably just back spasms. But, its hard to imagine that back spasms can do this- only because of the location where he feels the tightness.

I don't know what to tell my husband anymore.  He thinks Parkinson's but he doesn't have the typical symptoms of it.

Any info. would be so helpful.

Thanks