Neurology Community
Left side face swollen

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Left side face swollen

OMG....googled "left side face swollen" and came across a comment on your website. I would like to comment on Messah (I think is the name) about her right side swollen for 3 months. I started taking Phentermine 37.5MG right before Christmas day 2010 and by December 26th, I started having problems with my left side and by December 28th my left side went completely numb and pain started shooting all over my head. By December 31st I was in the ER. I had all types of blood tests ran and a CAT Scan. I am now going through massage therapy to help with the tightness and swelling. My left side is still swollen and no DR's have been able to determine the cause. Today, is January 26th and my left side is still swollen and giving me problems. I am wondering if the Phentermine was the cause. I had never taken it before. I was not sick or on any meds at the time. I think this could be something to seriously look into.....What do you think?

This discussion is related to Re: One side facial swelling.
I also have this same problem. Called today and made a dr. appt. I also took phentermine. Took it for 3 months, then on and off for 3 months. The swelling started probably about the 5th month after I had started taking it. I haven't had any numbness just sore on my gums. Any advise? I go to the dr. in 8 days.
did you guys find the cause or a cure? swelling wont go away..