Neurology Community
Left side of body irritated & numb
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Left side of body irritated & numb

Hello.  I have had issues with my legs feeling icky at night and incredibly uncomfortable.  I now know this is called Restless Leg Syndrome.  It drives me nuts.  I'm up all night, the only relief I feel I can get is to go out and run miles and miles.  Recently, I had my entire left hand side of my body feel this way, I believe the medical term for the feeling is: dysesthesias. An uncomfortable abnormal feeling.  It is definitely uncomfortable.  It is like a form of torture and makes me want to scream.  No, I'm not nuts.  My face has permanent nerve damage from a TIA I suffered 2 years ago.  Sometimes it acts up and is very sensitive and hurts.  My fingertips often go numb and cold.  The problem I'm actually trying to address is the WHOLE left side of my body bothering me now.  It comes and goes.  Nothing makes it go away.  I don't want to talk to anyone, can't lay down, nothing works.  Like I said, it's like torture.  What is this?  What in the world can I do about it to relieve it.  Massaging my leg and arm helps for about 2 seconds, then the feeling returns.  Any comments or suggestions would be helpful.  Should I go back to a neurologist to get more tests done?