Left sided headache
I suffer from Migranes and take daily propranlol.  The other day I was at a meeting and suddenly developed a excruciating headache (left side) unlike my usual migrane.  I am told I became quite confused and disorientated.  I left meeting , was sick and dizzy and the pain continued for a few hours during which I was disorietated.  At the meeting a GP was present and said I became quite ill suddenly.  Hospital CT scan and lumber puncture have shown nothing .  What d you suggest.  53 yar old female
Thank you for your question. Generally, one sided throbbing headache, dizziness, orbital pain (eye pain) with numbness symptoms could be suggestive of migraine. The mainstay of the migraine treatment is always to identify the triggering factors and to avoid them. Triggering factors could be different foods such as cheese, chocolate, alcohol and even few fruits. Other factors that may induce your migraine attack may be contraceptive pills, stress or depression, bright lights, loud noise and traveling. Few women experience headache more commonly during the time of their menstrual periods, menopause & at the time of hormonal imbalance. I would suggest careful record of events that have proceeded with the attack and avoid those factors. In addition, try to rest in a dark & quiet room, meditate, have a balanced diet and avoid taking unnecessary drugs. Even then if you suffer continuous headache, please arrange an appointment with a neurologist right away who will evaluate the further underlying disorders by clinically examine you & ordering MRI or CT scan here that may be the main reasons of your migraine attacks and can provide you an appropriate treatment. Hope this information proves helpful to you.

Take Care & Regards!!!