Left temporal pain and shock-like sensations in mouth upon waking
  Starting in 2002, I was having 'shocks' in my mouth/face/head upon waking in the morning followed by a pain in my left temple.  The shocks lasted for only a few seconds, followed by slight confusion, as if my brain could not hold anything else.  Following these, I would get a pain in my left temple, also lasting a short while.  I had 50-60 of these daily.  I had an MRI, an EKG, an EEG, all showed nothing.  But was started on Neurontin and told that I had Trigeminal Neuralgia.  In December of 2002, I was given an intranasal injection of steroids for a nerve block which resulted in 75% blindness in my left eye, and am now legally nlind in the right eye.  A second opinion diagnosed me with Atypical facial pain with no other tests or curiousity from Dr.  I stopped all treatment, as the symptoms seemed to lessen to a few times per week without the confusion after shocks, and the temporal pain lasting from a few seconds to hours at a time, and seemed to be managable to me.  I started wsith another neurologist-MRI normal, sed rate was 4; am awaiting EEG results. Anyone with ideas? Nervous Guy, if you read this-how are you doing?  Have you found anything out on your syumptoms??  I found this site from a search that gave your post-THANK YOU!!